- The purpose of the Devereux Early school Inititive is to create working partnerships among early childhood educators, mental health professionals, and families to promote young children's social and emotional development, foster resilience, and build the skills for school success.
- The mission of the DECI is to promote young children's social and emotional development, foster resilience, and build the skills for success in school and life.
- The Devereux Early Childhood Initiative can change the way this nation prioritizes early childhood social and emotional health.
- The goal of Devereux early childhood is to identify and strengthen young children's protective factors and thereby increase resilience.
- Support teachers, families, and communities in their efforts to minimize the impact of risk factors that hinder healthy social and emotional development.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS-12 | 60 students
3737 O'Meara Drive
Houston, TX 77025
(713)993-9544 22.9 NS-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)363-6311 256 PK-12
- Houston Grades: NS-11 | 59 students
5822 Dolores Street
Houston, TX 77057
(713)977-1221 27.5 NS-11
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.