Tel: (713) 993-9544
- Avondale House provides individuals with autism the resources, education, and training to develop to their fullest potential. Your support makes our mission possible.
- Avondale House was founded in 1976 by a group of parents of children with autism.
- At Avondale House, we are committed to the success of our children, young adults, and their families. We provide special education services in both our school, adult day program, and residential homes.
- Our classrooms have no more than 8 students, with a certified teacher and two support staff in each.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism/Pervasive Develpmental Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Dance, Equestrian, Gymnastics, Track and FieldBowling, Dance,|
Track and Field
- At Avondale House we are committed to the behavioral, academic, and vocational success of our children, young adults, and their families.
- Avondale House instructional program is based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) generalized into a classroom setting.
- Class size is limited to 8 students with 3 staff.
- Each classroom has a TEA Certified Special Education teacher with two support staff
- All classes participate in academic instruction, behavior training, community-based instruction, recreation, as well as a full calendar of holiday celebrations and events.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: 1-10 | 55 students
5822 Dolores Street
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 977-1221 8.3 1-10
- Houston Grades: 1-12 | 127 students
2815 Rosefield Drive
Houston, TX 77080
(713) 479-0800 10.8 1-12
- Houston Grades: 1-12 | 350 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 493-1070 14.5 1-12
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
Sending your children to an international school might make sense if you plan on being in the U.S. only for a few years.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.