River Oaks Academy
- ROA offers a tailored education for students with a wide variety of needs, including students with learning differences and international students who need ESL instruction.
- The common need is a small student-teacher ratio, individualized attention and appropriately modified curriculum.
- Our learning environment is intentionally suppportive of students' individual needs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes, All Learning Differences are supported|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Depends on the needs of the student but ranges from $15k-20k per year|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Green|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HoustonGrades: 6-12 | 54 students
3721 Dacoma Street
Houston, TX 77092
- HoustonGrades: 1-12 | 345 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
- HoustonGrades: K-8 | 101 students
1 Chelsea Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 135 students
2815 Rosefield Drive
Houston, TX 77080
- HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 33 students
900 Lovett Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.