River Oaks Academy
- ROA offers a tailored education for students with a wide variety of needs, including students with learning differences and international students who need ESL instruction.
- The common need is a small student-teacher ratio, individualized attention and appropriately modified curriculum.
- Our learning environment is intentionally suppportive of students' individual needs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes, All Learning Differences are supported|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Depends on the needs of the student but ranges from $15k-20k per year|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Green|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: 1-12 | 345 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
(281)493-1070 2.4 1-12
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 135 students
2815 Rosefield Drive
Houston, TX 77080
(713)479-0800 6.7 PK-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.