The Gateway Academy
- Realizing that students have individual learning styles and needs, Gateway provides a highly structured and individualized program in a success oriented environment where students learn and grow together.
- Gateway Academy believes that a balance of strong academics, good research-based teaching, physical activity, and a collaborative counseling approach make our middle and high school program unique to the Houston Area.
- The cornerstone to our program is our strong academic program.
- We have taken a typical Middle and High School curriculum and transformed it to meet the needs of our student population.
- Our goal is to give our students the skills to graduate from Gateway Academy with a diploma in hand, ready to tackle college or vocational endeavors.
- Gateway teachers come to us ready to teach with an expertise of their field and a heart for our students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Autism, Social Communication Disorder, Anxiety, Language delays, ADHD, Mood Disorders|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School uniforms-Athletic Attire)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Stephen Tiemann|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Henderson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Fit, Cycling, Martial Arts, Track and Field, WeightliftingBasketball, Cross Fit,|
Cycling, Martial Arts,
Track and Field, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Gateway Academy is a private school where caring, trust, respect, and fine teaching take 6th-12th grade students to new levels of confidence, competence and opportunity. Our students typically have learning disorders such as Dyslexia, Language Delays, Asperger Syndrome, ADHD and Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities that impact some of the following areas:Time management skillsOrganizational difficultiesVisual-spatial weaknessesAbstract conceptual reasoningSocial situations and transitions
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HoustonGrades: 1-12 | 35 students
10600 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77042
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 135 students
2815 Rosefield Drive
Houston, TX 77080
- HoustonGrades: NS-12 | 60 students
3737 O'Meara Drive
Houston, TX 77025
The Gateway Academy has provided the emotional and educational support that has allowed my son to grow into the young man he is now. It is a remarkable school filled with remarkable teachers. I am forever grateful for the Gateway Academy! No better school in Houston for students with learning differences!
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer Mohr