- Bright Horizons’ kindergarten program recognizes that children will soon be entering schools that have a range of expectations for a child's social and academic performance.
- Bright Horizons’ kindergartens provide a comprehensive, learning-centered approach that challenges children and supports all areas of development.
- It recognizes both the value of emergent curriculum and the need for directed, sequential instruction to ensure that children enter first grade with the skills and knowledge expected of them in the school that they will attend.
- Each Bright Horizons center develops expectations and practices in concert with the local schools that the children will be attending.
- At the same time, the curriculum in every kindergarten home base builds off the child’s knowledge base and skills, learning style, and interests.
- There is a clear emphasis on the development of strong language, math, and science skills.
- Important “school skills” of listening carefully, following through on a sequence of tasks, and working cooperatively are reinforced.
- The Bright Horizons kindergarten extends from the planned child-choice World at Their Fingertips learning environment and incorporates Language Works, Math Counts, Science Rocks, Our World, Art Smart, and Projections to offer each child a kindergarten program for learning designed for school success.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.