5.00 (1 review)
- The Brooksfield School was developed and founded in 1987, by Mary Anne Duffus, upon the belief that learning happens through the joys of friendship, shared experience and self discovery.
- The school provides a high level academic program for children ages 3 through 10 years.
- The regular Montessori curriculum is complimented by a heavy focus on outdoor education and the arts.
- The children of Brooksfield School thrive in this warm, family-like setting where they develop a life-long love of learning.
- The Brooksfield School is founded upon the belief that learning happens through the joys of friendship, shared experience and self discovery.
- To assist each child to grow and develop, Brooksfield offers an educational program that encourages learning of life-long skills and concepts.
- We strive to provide opportunities and experiences for the child to develop self-confidence, independent thinking skills, a love for learning and respect for oneself and for others.
- Although our curriculum is rich with variety, our approach with the children is consistent.
- A positive environment is presented to all children. It is our belief that the verbal environment is extremely important in assisting each child to form a strong, postive self image.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 13|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: 11,200 to 22,250|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Krawchuk|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mc Lean Grades: PK-6 | 231 students
1711 Kirby Road
Mc Lean, VA 22101
(703)790-1049 0.5 PK-6
- Mc Lean Grades: PK-K | 60 students
6519 Georgetown Pike
Mc Lean, VA 22101
(703)356-1970 2.4 PK-K
- Alexandria Grades: PK-6 | 97 students
6300 Florence Ln
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703)960-3498 10.2 PK-6
We've loved Brooksfield from the moment we first walked in. Our daughter thrived here and now our son is too. The environment is perfect for children to learn and grow and the staff and teachers excel at mixing learning with that special childhood magic.
- Posted by Parent - Tricia
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.