Building Blocks Preschool
- Building Blocks Preschool in Highland, MI. Nature Based School. We offer a Natural and Holistic learning opportunity for young children. We have Full-Day and Half-Day Preschool Programs along with a small Infant and Toddler Nursery. The Full-Day program runs year around and the Half-Day Pre-K/Preschool Programs follow the Huron Valley Schools Calendar.
- Children learn best when they find answers for themselves and in their own way.
- We document your child’s learning and send you a learning story daily.
- This gives you an opportunity to scaffold the learning process so you know what is happening in our classrooms.
- This is a great tool to extend the learning process at home.
- Our preschool curriculum provides a foundation for life-long learning and simulates their natural desire to learn. Your child’s creativity, learning style, and individual needs will be attended to by our highly qualified staff of teachers.
- Our Full-Day and Half-Day Preschool Programs are multi-age preschool grouping of children 2 ½ to 5 year old children.This is intended to increase the heterogeneity of the group to capitalize on the differences in the experience, knowledge, and abilities of the children.
- By combining a multi-age group of children, team teaching, the Reggio Emilia approach, Emergent Curriculum, and the Project Approach we have truly created a child-centered environment.Contact Info@BuildingBlocksSchool.com or call (248) 889-2727for more information.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010, 2011, 2012|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The fundamental values are based on an image of children as curious, competent, and capable of co-constructing knowledge. From the moment of birth, children are engaged in a search for the meaning of life, seeking to understand the world that surrounds them and the relationships that they form and develop with others in their world. If we were talking to you on your first day here we would say, “Welcome to planet Earth. There is nothing that you cannot be or do or have. And your work here—your lifetime career—is to seek joy.”
- People that viewed Building Blocks Preschool also viewed these schools: Univ of Michigan Dearborn ECEC.
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.