- Bynum School is a nonprofit, private school for children and adults with special needs.
- It operates on a year round schedule. We serve ages 3-adult.
- Our programs include preschool for children with and without disabilities, elementary class, secondary class, and vocational training for older teens and young adults.
- Organizational Mission and Beliefs The mission of Bynum School is to meet the educational needs of students with exceptionalities in an environment that assures positive support and success for each individual.
- We believe that each student is a valued individual able to learn skills appropriate to their unique abilities and challenges.
- Bynum School provides an educational setting for children and young adults with various disabilities.
- Bynum School is the only private school in the Permian that accepts students with all types and degrees of disabilities and provides for them an alternative to public education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midland Grades: PK-6 | 154 students
1011 Austin St
Midland, TX 79703
(432) 699-1665 2.5 PK-6
- Midland Grades: PK-12 | 1258 students
2001 Culver Dr
Midland, TX 79705
(432) 694-1661 2.4 PK-12
- Midland Grades: PK-12 | 647 students
3500 W Wadley Ave
Midland, TX 79707
(432) 697-3281 3.3 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.