C F Richards Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Established: 1959 Grades: Prek - 8 Our Mission: We exist to be a community of learners who love God and serve others. Our Philosophy C.F. Richards Christian School wants every learner to excel in faith, learning, and service; this is done by blending biblical truth and academic achievement to honor God and bless others.
- At C.F. Richards Christian School, we value: * Each person`s journey in developing a relationship with Jesus Christ * Having a community focus and becoming passionate stewards of humanity * Partnering with families and churches in preparing learners for responsible citizenship * Developing students to become life-long learners that are grounded and confident in their beliefs * Encouraging learners to become critical thinkers and problem solvers * Fostering growth through vigorous independent and collaborative learning Christ-centered education and academic excellence in a diverse, safe, and loving environment are the cornerstones of C.F. Richards.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild to moderate learning differences, work with Staunton City Schools to meet some needs.|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,050|
|Tuition Notes||Needs based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
- C F Richards Seventh-day Adventist Jr Academy pursues excellence in Christian Education. Our objectives is to lead our students into a saving relationship with Christ; to share in the development of young people who will be dedicated to serving their God and their fellow men; to lead students to a knowledge and love of God; to develop respect and reverence for the Bible; to assist parents in the formation of Christ-like characters in their children; to inspire love and loyalty for their country and respect for recognized authority; to promote excellence in academic skills; to help develop a well-rounded personality, & refined social skills; to promote the understanding and practice of the principles of healthful living; to provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum; to foster qualities of Christian character respect, reverence, responsibility, commitment, integrity, and concern for others; to develop habits of accuracy, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and a practical application of knowledge; to provide opportunities for service; and to assist parents and the church in their work of guiding the student into an active Christian experience.
Profile last updated:
I am a parent of 2 children in CF Richards school. I am so beyond pleased with the education my children receive at CF Richards. The teachers are so willing to work with my children to make sure they are challenged enough and yet not overwhelmed with the curriculum. This school has an amazing family feel that gives me peace of mind knowing my kids are safe and happy. My kids get the best of both worlds, quality education and a knowledge and relationship with the God who created them.
- Posted by Parent - Jennefer
I am a grandparent of one child who attends C.F. Richards Christian School. As an administrator for a large city government, I believe a strong educational foundation begins in the primary school. From my perspective, C. F. Richards is a win/win. As a grandparent, I love the way my grandson wants to read and participate in the STEAM program. I can't wait for my granddaughter to start next year. I want the best for my grandchildren and I am pleased my daughter, and son-in-law chose C. F. Richards School.
- Posted by Parent - Louise
I am a volunteer bus driver for the school. I transport a bus load of children and young adults to and from Charlottesville each week. From the time school first starts in August through the last day in June I notice a huge improvement in the students behavioral development. This can only lead me to believe the spirit of Christ abides in the school and the Christ-centered faculty and curriculum offer a Christian environment that fosters this noticeable Spiritual development.I`d recommend the school for anyone with a young child seeking a Christian school in the Staunton, Waynesboro, Charlottesville areas of Virginia!
- Posted by Administrator - Mark
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.