C F Richards Christian School
Established: 1959 Grades: Prek - 8 Our Mission: We exist to be a community of learners who love God and serve others. Our Philosophy C.F. Richards Christian School wants every learner to excel in faith, learning, and service; this is done by blending biblical truth and academic achievement to honor God and bless others.
At C.F. Richards Christian School, we value: * Each person`s journey in developing a relationship with Jesus Christ * Having a community focus and becoming passionate stewards of humanity * Partnering with families and churches in preparing learners for responsible citizenship * Developing students to become life-long learners that are grounded and confident in their beliefs * Encouraging learners to become critical thinkers and problem solvers * Fostering growth through vigorous independent and collaborative learning Christ-centered education and academic excellence in a diverse, safe, and loving environment are the cornerstones of C.F. Richards.
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 49 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,050
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
mild to moderate learning differences, work with Staunton City Schools to meet some needs.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Needs based financial aid available.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- C F Richards Seventh-day Adventist Jr Academy pursues excellence in Christian Education. Our objectives is to lead our students into a saving relationship with Christ; to share in the development of young people who will be dedicated to serving their God and their fellow men; to lead students to a knowledge and love of God; to develop respect and reverence for the Bible; to assist parents in the formation of Christ-like characters in their children; to inspire love and loyalty for their country and respect for recognized authority; to promote excellence in academic skills; to help develop a well-rounded personality, & refined social skills; to promote the understanding and practice of the principles of healthful living; to provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum; to foster qualities of Christian character respect, reverence, responsibility, commitment, integrity, and concern for others; to develop habits of accuracy, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and a practical application of knowledge; to provide opportunities for service; and to assist parents and the church in their work of guiding the student into an active Christian experience.
I am a parent of 2 children in CF Richards school. I am so beyond pleased with the education my children receive at CF Richards. The teachers are so willing to work with my children to make sure they are challenged enough and yet not overwhelmed with the curriculum. This school has an amazing family feel that gives me peace of mind knowing my kids are safe and happy. My kids get the best of both worlds, quality education and a knowledge and relationship with the God who created them.
I am a grandparent of one child who attends C.F. Richards Christian School. As an administrator for a large city government, I believe a strong educational foundation begins in the primary school. From my perspective, C. F. Richards is a win/win. As a grandparent, I love the way my grandson wants to read and participate in the STEAM program. I can't wait for my granddaughter to start next year. I want the best for my grandchildren and I am pleased my daughter, and son-in-law chose C. F. Richards School.
I am a volunteer bus driver for the school. I transport a bus load of children and young adults to and from Charlottesville each week. From the time school first starts in August through the last day in June I notice a huge improvement in the students behavioral development. This can only lead me to believe the spirit of Christ abides in the school and the Christ-centered faculty and curriculum offer a Christian environment that fosters this noticeable Spiritual development.I`d recommend the school for anyone with a young child seeking a Christian school in the Staunton, Waynesboro, Charlottesville areas of Virginia!
Endorse C F Richards Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.