Calvary Christian School
- Calvary Christian School was founded in 1992 by a group of parents and educators who were members of Calvary Chapel.
- Calvary Christian School utilizes the A Beka Book video school program.
- A Beka Book has a strong emphasis on phonics, math, and comprehension.
- The classrooms are multi-grade rooms in which each class views video instruction from teachers at A Beka.
- The teacher assigned in each class is then required to give supplemental instruction, provide supervision, facilitate reading groups, maintain a positive classroom environment, and provided spiritual, educational, and mentoring support.
- Calvary Christian School also provides small classrooms and tutors for students who require additional instruction.
- Calvary Christian School offers piano instruction to students for an additional fee.
- Calvary Christian School is committed to the Christian education of children.
- Christ is the foundation on which we build. He is the one who enables the person, gives meaning to life, and the model which our school builds upon.
- It is our desire to produce students who are lifelong learners in pursuit of excellence and who live a committed life for Christ.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mishawaka Grades: K-8 | 317 students
230 S Spring St
Mishawaka, IN 46544
(574)255-5554 4.1 K-8
- South Bend Grades: PK-12 | 172 students
5715 Miami St
South Bend, IN 46614
(574)291-3620 8 PK-12
- South Bend Grades: PK-8 | 68 students
3616 Saint Johns Way
South Bend, IN 46628
(574)232-9849 7.2 PK-8
- South Bend Grades: PK-8 | 378 students
1015 E Dayton St
South Bend, IN 46613
(574)289-4535 5.7 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.