Canterbury Preparatory School
Tel: (913) 339-6633
- Our primary objective at the Canterbury Schools is to provide the most enriching environment to facilitate a child's development.
- We believe that every child has the ability to learn and to teach, and that a child who enjoys learning will always seek challenges in life.
- Our program is based upon the Montessori principles of self-direction, and experiential education.
- We promote a thoughtful and sensitive demeanor in the classrooms, and we support cooperation between children as they learn from one another.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Overland Park Grades: PK-8 | 544 students
9510 W 127th St Ste 200
Overland Park, KS 66213
(913) 851-2531 1.8 PK-8
- Overland Park Grades: NS-3 | 266 students
9555 Hadley Dr
Overland Park, KS 66212
(913) 649-2228 3.4 NS-3
- Overland Park Grades: NS-12 | 599 students
9333 W. 159th Street
Overland Park, KS 66221
(913) 681-7622 5.1 NS-12
- Grandview Grades: PK-6 | 38 students
12401 Byars Rd
Grandview, MO 64030
(816) 966-8989 8.5 PK-6
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.