Cape Fear Academy
- Cape Fear Academy is a learning community committed to discovering and developing individual potential, preparing each student for success in college and life.Cape Fear Academy enjoys a stellar reputation throughout North Carolina for academic excellence.
- From our youngest students, 3 year-old Little Explorers, to our oldest students, Cape Fear Academy students are top achievers.
- Cape Fear Academy is much more than academic excellence.
- We offer students boundless opportunities to explore co-curricular interests and develop new passions.
- Over 90% of our students play an interscholastic sport, 100% are involved in the fine and performing arts, and we offer numerous after school activities and clubs for students at every grade level. Cape Fear Academy offers a nurturing, close-knit learning community in which each student is truly known and respected.
- You can be different and still be accepted here.
- In this inclusive and caring family atmosphere, talented faculty partner with parents to provide a vibrant continuum of communication and care throughout each student`s CFA career.
Cape Fear Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||652 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB/BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Compisition, Environmental Science, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics C, Psychology, Research, Seminar, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art, US Government and Politics, US History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1259|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Some requirements based on grade level.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2019/2020:LE and K: $11,4001st and 2nd: $13,9753rd-5th: $16,2956th-8th: $17,9509th-12th: $18,850|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nelda Nutter|
|Admissions Associate||Alison Reid|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||35 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, International Club, National Honor Society, Outreach Service Club, Photography Club, Student Government, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Young Democrats, Young Republicans, Youth Legislature|
Club or Organization:
Azalea Festival Youth Committee, Bring Change To Mind, Coding Club, Debate Team, FIRST Robotics, Gay/Straight Alliance, Green Club, Head of School Advisory Club, High Tide, Improv, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model United Nations UN, National History Day, National Ocean Sciences Bowl, Quill and Scroll, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, The FEAR, The Paw Project, Yearbook, Youth and Government
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goldsboro Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
3000 Summit Rd
Goldsboro, NC 27534
(919) 759-2002 83.2 PK-8
- Wilmington Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
350 Peiffer Avenue
Wilmington, NC 28409
(910) 792-1811 3.5 PK-8
Excellent academics and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Kristen Harmon
My child has been at Cape Fear for six years and has loved every minute. The classes are challenging and fun, and she adores her teachers. Beyond the classroom, there are overnight field trips, musicals, band, sports and numerous after-school activities. There is truly something for everyone at CFA.
- Posted by Parent - eliza