Tel: (203) 863-9663
Carmel Academy is a religiously diverse K-8 Jewish Day School committed to innovation and excellence in general and Judaic studies.
It is located in Greenwich, Connecticut. Our school draws students from all major branches of Judaism and embraces the values of mutual respect and Klal Israel, the unity of the Jewish people. Each child is cherished as an individual and encouraged to achieve his or her personal best.
The curriculum is designed to foster creative development and critical thinking skills.
Carmel Academy is a community as well as a school, dedicated to supporting and enriching the lives of our students, families and staff.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Daneet Brill|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Mendler|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- Carmel Academy is a forward-thinking private school for children of all Jewish affiliations, offering each of its students an exceptional, challenging and creative educational experience from kindergarten through eighth grade. Accredited with distinction by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, Carmel Academy's multi-disciplinary educational approach encourages its students to make connections between the classroom and the world. Experienced, passionate master teachers bring the school's educational philosophy to life, instilling creativity, critical thinking and a joy of learning in each student. With the benefits of a low student-teacher ratio and a dynamic, differentiated learning environment, students master the knowledge essential to continue on to the finest secondary schools, as well as to think critically and in a broader scope. The school's expert educational leadership designed Carmel Academy's dual curriculum from the ground up - incorporating only the highest in national standards - to integrate general and Judaic knowledge throughout the day. Set on a beautiful, historic 17-acre campus in Greenwich, CT, Carmel Academy is equipped with the infrastructure and technology to make it an unrivaled 21st century educational institution. The school offers state-of-the-art laboratory and computer resources, as well as award winning enrichment programs to foster excellence in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Children enjoy a wide-array of extracurricular activities and interscholastic team sports. As part of Carmel Academy's commitment to providing a meaningful Jewish day school experience for all children, the school offers a special education program for children with language-based learning disabilities. PALS (Providing Alternative Learning Strategies) gives children with special needs the tools to maximize their academic potential, while at the same time affording them the myriad benefits of a Jewish education. Carmel Academy provides an excellent foundation for long-term academic success, while fostering a deep love and connection to a common Jewish identity through history and culture, prayer and text, Zionism and Hebrew as a modern, living language.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Carmel Academy is The Greenwich Japanese School (0.3 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Brunswick School (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: 1-9 | 112 students
Greenwich, CT 06831
(203) 629-9039 0.3 1-9
- Greenwich Grades: PK-12 | 1006 students
100 Maher Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203) 625-5800 0.5 PK-12
- Greenwich Grades: NS-12 | 1251 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203) 863-5600 0.9 NS-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.