Cathedral School Of St Mary
- Central Catholic High School, a college preparatory diocesan school for boys, is guided by the educational principles of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
- The school strives to provide a challenging, relevant, and diverse program of studies and extracurricular activities in an environment that fosters a life of faith and scholarship and develops leaders rooted in the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service, justice and peace.
- We strive to provide each student with realistic challenges according to his capacity for intellectual growth, creativity, and spiritual development.
- During these formative years we strive to stimulate his mind, guide his critical thinking, promote competent self-expression, and develop his faith.
- We will help the student to make choices likely to provide personal fulfillment beyond high school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Yearly Tuition|
|Admissions Director||Esmeralda L. Hoang|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- Cathedral School of Saint Mary has the great distinction of being the first school in continuous operation in Austin, established in 1866. The rich history of our school parallels the history of Austin. A history that stretches from the beginning of the state of Texas through the bleak years of the Depression and World War II, to the boom of the late twentieth century, when the Austin metropolitan area reached a population of a million. The unique history of the many generations who have attended Cathedral School of Saint Mary is present on our campus. While the building, curriculum, and faculty have changed over the last 150 years, the values we seek to instill in our students remain the same. The Sisters of the Holy Cross order concentrated on the three R`s and Catholic Church`s teachings in order to guide young lives on the path to Christ. Today, lay faculty members emphasize the same traditional values in order to accomplish the same goals: Christian formation and academic success.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: PK-12 | 35 students
9301 US-290 #105,
Austin, TX 78736
(512)288-4883 0.3 PK-12
- Austin Grades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
(512)480-8142 0.5 NS-12
- Austin Grades: NS | 120 students
606 W 15th Street
Austin, TX 78701
(512)476-4037 0.7 NS
- Austin Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
1911 San Antonio St
Austin, TX 78705
(512)477-3751 0.8 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.