Cathedral School Of St Mary
Central Catholic High School, a college preparatory diocesan school for boys, is guided by the educational principles of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
The school strives to provide a challenging, relevant, and diverse program of studies and extracurricular activities in an environment that fosters a life of faith and scholarship and develops leaders rooted in the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service, justice and peace.
We strive to provide each student with realistic challenges according to his capacity for intellectual growth, creativity, and spiritual development.
During these formative years we strive to stimulate his mind, guide his critical thinking, promote competent self-expression, and develop his faith.
We will help the student to make choices likely to provide personal fulfillment beyond high school.
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 191 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,500
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Esmeralda L. Hoang
- Cathedral School of Saint Mary has the great distinction of being the first school in continuous operation in Austin, established in 1866. The rich history of our school parallels the history of Austin. A history that stretches from the beginning of the state of Texas through the bleak years of the Depression and World War II, to the boom of the late twentieth century, when the Austin metropolitan area reached a population of a million. The unique history of the many generations who have attended Cathedral School of Saint Mary is present on our campus. While the building, curriculum, and faculty have changed over the last 150 years, the values we seek to instill in our students remain the same. The Sisters of the Holy Cross order concentrated on the three R`s and Catholic Church`s teachings in order to guide young lives on the path to Christ. Today, lay faculty members emphasize the same traditional values in order to accomplish the same goals: Christian formation and academic success.
Endorse Cathedral School Of St Mary. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.