- Headwaters School is an independent school in Austin, Texas serving students from early childhood through grade 12.
- Beginning with a Montessori foundation and progressing to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, we cultivate identity formation, foster empathy, and embrace diversity to bring more peace to the world.
- We guide our students to live authentically, think expansively, and create bravely.
- Founded in 2001, we design vibrant learning environments across our three campuses: our Springs Campus (Early Childhood), our Creek Campus (Elementary), and our River Campus (Middle & High School).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||539 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Krista Phillips|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Phillips|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Model United Nations, Outdoor Leadership
Arts and Music Programs:
Elementary Art Club, Elementary Music Club, Elementary Theater Club, Jazz Band
Beginning with a Montessori foundation and progressing to the
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, our independent
school serves students from early childhood through grade 12. We
are inspired, organized, and guided by our Purpose, Promise, and
Principles. These ideas serve as the foundation for our daily
We cultivate identity formation, foster empathy, and embrace
diversity to bring more peace to the world.
We guide our students to live authentically, think expansively, and
Minds On. Stimulating intellectual work is at the heart of our academic program, which incorporates social, ethical, and emotional development.
Inner Source. We know and grow each student by tapping the innate wellspring of curiosity about themselves, each other, and the world around them.
Expert Guides. Our educators design vibrant learning environments while following the lead of each student.
Show Up. We seek students and guides who are drawn to inquiry, engagement, and self-expression, as they navigate learning within and beyond our classrooms.
All In. When each of us models these principles, learning becomes lasting and deep.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 10.2 K-12
- Dripping Springs Grades: 6-12 | 58 students
26450 Ranch Rd 12
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
(512) 484-4976 21.1 6-12
- Austin Grades: PK-9 | 366 students
5006 Sunset Trl
Austin, TX 78745
(521) 892-0826 4.6 PK-9
- Austin Grades: 9-12 | 125 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
(512) 454-5797 3.3 9-12