Huntington-Surrey High School
- We feel that the high school years are important in developing young people into successful adults.
- Our teachers provide a strong academic program and moral support as their students gain confidence and a sense of responsibility.
- Degreed, knowledgeable teachers are flexible, creative, and encouraging. Our program emphasizes self-expression, self-worth, self-motivation, positive interpersonal skills, anf cooperation, not competition.
- We give our students organizational and study skills, preparation for college, and lifetime, independent learning skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Huntington-Surrey Preparatory School is a long-established Austin educational institution with a purpose of preparing every student for college admission while honoring each student as an individual.
- We pride ourselves in producing young adult graduates who know how to learn, with a desire to keep learning throughout their lives. Individual attention and a personalized educational experience come from our low student-to-teacher ratios: 8-1 in core classes, 6-1 in math, and 1-1 in our literature program based on the British tutorial method. We take college preparation seriously, proven by our 100% college acceptance of our graduates. But we aren`t just about the books. Huntington-Surrey is a family of teachers, instructors, administrators, students, and parents with a like-minded approach to building a better basis for college-and for life. Life is an open-book test. We plant strong roots for a lifetime of learning and growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 119 students
306 W 29th St
Austin, TX 78705
AustinGrades: 9-12 | 117 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
AustinGrades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
AustinGrades: K-12 | 386 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017