Huntington-surrey High School
Tel: (512) 502-5400
- We feel that the high school years are important in developing young people into successful adults.
- Our teachers provide a strong academic program and moral support as their students gain confidence and a sense of responsibility.
- Degreed, knowledgeable teachers are flexible, creative, and encouraging. Our program emphasizes self-expression, self-worth, self-motivation, positive interpersonal skills, anf cooperation, not competition.
- We give our students organizational and study skills, preparation for college, and lifetime, independent learning skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Huntington-Surrey Preparatory School is a long-established Austin educational institution with a purpose of preparing every student for college admission while honoring each student as an individual.
- We pride ourselves in producing young adult graduates who know how to learn, with a desire to keep learning throughout their lives. Individual attention and a personalized educational experience come from our low student-to-teacher ratios: 8-1 in core classes, 6-1 in math, and 1-1 in our literature program based on the British tutorial method. We take college preparation seriously, proven by our 100% college acceptance of our graduates. But we aren`t just about the books. Huntington-Surrey is a family of teachers, instructors, administrators, students, and parents with a like-minded approach to building a better basis for college-and for life. Life is an open-book test. We plant strong roots for a lifetime of learning and growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: 9-12 | 125 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
(512) 454-5797 2.9 9-12
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 106 students
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 560-5584 17.4 K-12
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 11.6 K-12
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 48 students
1507 Wilshire Blvd
Austin, TX 78722
(512) 524-0085 4 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.