Capitol School Of Austin
Capitol School Of Austin Photo #2 - Classroom therapists use a multi-sensory approach to instruction which includes modifications for individual needs, picture schedules, interactive SmartBoard white boards, FM systems to amplify the teacher's voice and reduce competing stimuli, and iPads equipped with speech-language-learning apps.
- For 26 years, Capitol School has been helping children ages 2 years - 4th grade with speech, language, and learning differences find their voice.
- Capitol School's mission is to provide an enriched learning environment where children with speech, language, and learning differences can reach their full potential and develop skills necessary to succeed in future educational settings.
- Most of our students have a diagnosed language/learning difference, and up to a third of our students are typically-developing children who benefit from our language-rich, small group setting while acting as peer models for language-impaired classmates.
- This inclusive model benefits both types of students tremendously as curriculum goals focus on language development, which is fundamental for early learning, and are tailored to each child`s individual needs.
Capitol School Of Austin places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech and Language-based Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by class level. Please see capitolschool.com and click Admissions to receive tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
- Capitol School of Austin (CSA) provides a personalized approach which focuses on student's strengths and individual development.Each program is multi-sensory, emphasizing language proficiency integrated with skills in self-help, socialization, and gross and fine motor movement.Capitol School also offers private, individual speech therapy, occupational therapy, play therapy, music therapy and reading tutoring in our on-site Evaluation and Therapy Clinic.Since its inception, CSA classes have filled an educational gap for hundreds of Austin-area children, pre-school through the 4th grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Killeen Grades: PK-K | 40 students
5610 E Central Texas Expy # 2
Killeen, TX 76543
(254)620-7500 51.3 PK-K
- Austin Grades: K-8 | 534 students
3901 Bee Cave Rd
Austin, TX 78746
(512)472-9525 5.6 K-8
- Pflugerville Grades: PK-8 | 49 students
4301 Kelly Lane
Pflugerville, TX 78660
(512)763-2776 13.5 PK-8
- Austin Grades: K-8
3901 Shoal Creek Blvd.
Austin, TX 78750
(512)206-4070 1.9 K-8
- Austin Grades: 8-12 | 46 students
1106 W Dittmar
Austin, TX 78745
(512)444-4835 10.8 8-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.