Trinity has several programs that teach students through real life experience. In the Middle School capstone Project 8 program, eighth graders spend an entire year designing and planning their own businesses. In the Lower School Outdoor Ecology program, students plant gardens, monitor and observe the natural environment, and help preserve their campus.
Our top-notch faculty is dedicated and passionate, and our teachers also serve as mentors, advisers, club leaders, and coaches. One third of our teachers hold graduate degrees.
Trinity's mission is to educate the whole child, leaving students with a strong academic, emotional, spiritual, and social foundation that will help them achieve success for life.
Trinity is a member of the Austin Inter-Parochial League and fields teams in ten sports. Go Trinity Tornado!
Trinity has a strong fine arts program, offering courses in art, music, and theater. Our state-of-the-art theater houses several productions a year, and our Tech Theater students completely run the sound and lighting for shows. Outside of the required art and music classes, students have the option of participating in drum line, rock band, and advanced art electives.
Located in beautiful Austin, Texas, our campus provides close proximity to a wide variety of parks, museums, and other field trip sites that enhance our students' in-class learning. Students also enjoy presentations from many innovative and entrepreneurial members of Austin's thriving business and arts communities.
Technology is incorporated into the curriculum in a way that students become digitally literate and technologically proficient with ease. Outside of learning the basics of conducting online research, following proper Internet safety, and using online resources to assist classroom learning, students also have the opportunity to study areas such as video production, photo editing, robotics, and audio production.
From kindergarten, students are immersed in a culture of service learning, and are required to amass a certain number of hours of service before graduating. Regular service opportunities are presented through partnerships with several Austin organizations such as the Trinity Center at St. David's Episcopal Church. Students also have the chance to go on a service trip to Peru.
- Trinity Episcopal School is a rigorous and innovative Episcopal school that offers a diverse and nurturing environment.
- Founded in 1999 by a small, deliberate group of parents and educators, Trinity's mission statement and core values enriched academic excellence, Christian foundation, family involvement and diversity set the school apart in the Austin area.
- Trinity students are encouraged to take risks, and the school's nurturing community which includes faculty, other students, and parent volunteers -- supports them as they learn and grow. Trinity's graduates, well prepared for what lies ahead, have gone on to some of the finest public, independent and boarding high schools in the country, including Choate Rosemary Hall, Hotchkiss, Avon Old Farms, the Cate School, and locally, St. Stephen's, St. Andrew's, and St. Michael's.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||531 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Casual uniform (Tues-Fri) is polo shirt with khaki pants/shorts/skirts. Dress uniform (worn Mondays) is white or blue dress shirt with khakis (boys) or plaid skirt or jumper (girls).)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by division and financial assistance is available. Please contact the admissions office for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Vicki Ainsworth|
|Admissions Associate||Stacey England|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competitions - PSIA, Choir, Model UN, Theater Choir, Model UN, Theater, Academic Competitions - PSIA,
- Trinity Episcopal School seeks intellectually curious students who will thrive in an academically challenging environment, who will contribute to the overall vitality of the school, and whose families support the mission and values of Trinity. The purpose of the admission process is to build a profile of each candidate and enroll students who have the greatest potential for success in the school. The Admission Committee looks carefully at standardized test results, school records and transcripts or developmental readiness, teacher recommendations, student observations, and family interview. A limited number of students for admission to each grade are selected based on space available in that grade level and the School's admission policies and priorities. Most available spaces are in kindergarten, first, fifth, and sixth grades. Spaces for all other grades occur through attrition. Kindergarten candidates must have turned five by September 1 of their entering school year.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AustinGrades: PK-8 | 450 students
7938 Great Northern Boulevard
Austin, TX 78731
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 119 students
306 W 29th St
Austin, TX 78705
AustinGrades: PK-4 | 68 students
2011 W Koenig Lane
Austin, TX 78756
PflugervilleGrades: PK-8 | 37 students
4301 Kelly Lane
Pflugerville, TX 78660
AustinGrades: PK-8 | 440 students
2500 Wimberly Lane
Austin, TX 78735
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.