The Magellan International School
Academics and Faculty
(Polo shirts with school logo, navy and khaki bottoms)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Destination Imagination, Entrepreneurs Club, Model United Nations Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- As an IB World School, Magellan International School: "prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both within and beyond the classroom." We offer the Primary Years Programme through our Preschool and Primary School (ages 3 through 5th grade) as well as the Middle Years Programme (6th through 8th grade).
- All IB programmes seek to develop students according to the Learner Profile. The profile aims to develop learners who are: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-minded, Caring, Risk-takers, Balanced and Reflective. Teaching and learning intentionally focus on cultivating these traits amongst our students.
- Like we all learned our first language at home through verbal cues and association, Magellan teaches our students the Spanish language through an immersion model. Our preschool students have 80% of their day spoken only in Spanish. As reading - in Spanish and English - becomes a significant focus in the classroom, the percentage of English each day increases. With the introduction of Mandarin Chinese instruction in 3rd grade, our students are hearing, reading, writing and speaking in 3 separate languages throughout the day.
- Magellan has graduated four classes of Middle School students, with the oldest in their last year of high school this year. Our alumni attend schools throughout Austin and across the world, but the largest number matriculate to Anderson High School, LASA and Headwaters School.
- Students are offered the opportunity to engage in extracurricular programs, from joining one of 9 competitive sports teams beginning in 4th grade to academic enrichment clubs like Model UN and Destination Imagination. Partners offer 20+ programs after school at our campuses each semester as well. Our students are busy learning and developing!
- Magellan's community is diverse. As an international school, many our teachers come from many Spanish-speaking countries and our families choose us because of the breadth and global applicability of the education provided. Many of our students have been born outside of the United States - and even more have parents from other countries - that makes our school experience enriching by blending the unique experiences and perspectives of all.
- The school offers financial assistance for families that may struggle to afford the full cost of a private education for their child or children. We welcome families from all backgrounds and invite you to explore becoming a part of our Magellan community.
Endorse The Magellan International School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards