Austin Jewish Academy
- Inspiring a community of students to transform the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences, English Language Learners, Gifted and Talented|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 29 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,925|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Risa Ferdman|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper (Student-run), Student Council - K'nesset
Arts and Music Programs:
Fine Arts program, Musical Theatre Production, Show Choir
- Educational Philosophy
- During the nine-year span from Kindergarten through Grade 8, children deserve a relevant, rigorous and joyful academic and co-curricular program. With that in mind, three points of focus guide Austin Jewish Academy`s educational philosophy: Project Based Learning, Social Emotional Learning, and Jewish Studies.
- Students at Austin Jewish Academy take ownership of their learning within the framework and guidance provided by our exceptional faculty. The Project Based Learning curriculum teaches students to collaboratively solve real-world problems. Teachers work together to meet individual student`s needs, so every child experiences deeper learning and develops high expectations of personal excellence.
- We are an inclusive community of learners, and integrate Social Emotional Learning at every level within our school culture to empower students to navigate the world in a healthy way and enable sound decision making. Students develop strong relationships with their classmates, across grade levels, and with faculty. Graduates move on to high school with character, confidence, and the ability to self-advocate.
- We are dedicated to inspire in our students an enduring commitment to spiritual growth and a meaningful connection to Jewish life now and for the future. As a community day school, AJA acknowledges and honors the diverse spectrum of Jewish life, instead of teaching one "right or wrong way" to practice Judaism. Learning about Judaism is also about living Jewish values and traditions, not just in the Jewish Studies classroom but as an integral part of school culture.
- Our exceptional community of families and teachers raises our students to be today`s accomplished, innovative thinkers and tomorrow`s compassionate problem-solvers and leaders.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: PK-1 | 75 students
7020 Village Center Dr
Austin, TX 78731
(512)343-0071 0.3 PK-1
- Austin Grades: K-4 | 83 students
6817 Great Northern Blvd
Austin, TX 78757
(512)450-1940 0.8 K-4
- Austin Grades: PK-K | 44 students
4213 Spicewood Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78759
(512)342-0218 0.9 PK-K
- Austin Grades: PK-K | 200 students
8134 Mesa Dr
Austin, TX 78759
(512)345-3040 1 PK-K
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.