Girls' School Of Austin
- The Girls` School of Austin provides an academically challenging education for girls in a community that fosters creative learning and personal excellence. Our mission is to develop confident young women who lead intellectually vibrant and fulfilling lives.
- Our Community is respectful, inclusive, and supportive.celebrates the efforts and achievements of hardworking students.thrives under the guidance of dedicated, inspiring teachers.
- We Believe curiosity, creativity, diversity, and a willingness to take risks advance intellectual growth.a well-rounded education provides the foundation for scholarly and personal pursuits.Service to others and self-awareness are essential to the learning experience.
Girls' School Of Austin places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform - Blue skirts, shorts or pants and polo )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Exact tuition varies by grade. See website for details. Financial Aid Available|
|Admissions Director||Shanna-Prewitt Hines|
- The Girls' School a unique learning environment in Austin. Embracing a liberal arts program including visual and performing arts, and Spanish beginning in Kindergarten, our girl-centric classrooms mean that it is easier for students to focus on academics in a community of like-minded peers. This is a school where girls come first. A typical Girls' School student is smart, creative, and willing to "dig in." In this past year, digging in included laying sod on our bare fields, moving monstrous compost piles, and participating in robotics, speech, art, music and writing competitions; whatever the challenge, GSA girls are ready to embrace it. This is a school where learning about each other is as important as learning "stuff," although there is certainly plenty of that. Students eagerly share their work at weekly community meetings, and have been extraordinarily successful in regional and state competitions in many areas of the curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 959 students
1112 W 31st St
Austin, TX 78705
(512) 299-9800 1.1 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?