Tel: (512) 454-5797
Griffin School Photo #3 - Music Performance Ensemble students take the stage at our Fall and Spring Arts Showcases!
Griffin School Photo #4 - Our newest building on campus, Brick Hall, contains a recording studio, science lab, and additional classroom and office space!
Griffin School Photo #5 - Griffin Theatre performs Twelfth Night with an 80's flair! In addition to our Theatre elective, we also offer workshops in Theatre and in Improv, and an extra-curriculur Musical Theatre class!
Griffin School Photo #6 - Our Science curriculum includes Biology, Chemistry, Physics, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Environmental Science, and Human Anatomy & Physiology!
Griffin School Photo #8 - Griffin freshmen are paired with a junior/senior mentor for the first seven weeks of school for lunch talks, games, and activities. Our Karaoke lunch was a hit!
- Griffin School is a college preparatory high school community defined by academic rigor and creativity.
- Our mission is to cultivate individual potential and intellectual curiosity in a vibrant and engaged community. Founded in 1996 and fully accredited, Griffin School provides students with a high school program that values individuality, creativity, and community.
- Our students gain admission into some of the best colleges and universities across the country; more importantly, they become creative, curious, authentic human beings.
- Our interactive classes are capped at fifteen students and academic programming fosters artistic expression, critical thinking, and genuine involvement in the school and Austin community.
- We offer Advanced Placement courses across all disciplines, a broad array of fine arts classes, and a competitive sports program.
Upcoming Events and News
- Architecture Daily - 06/05/2018 - Griffin's new building "Brick Hall!"
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Language and Composition, AP Latin, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Studio Art - Drawing, AP Studio Art-2D, AP Studio Art-3D, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 20 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,750|
|Tuition Notes||Annual Fee = $1125|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Caroline Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Cross Fit, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Explorers Outdoor Club, National Honor Society, Yearbook Club, Youth Radio
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir/Chorus, Theatre Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded in 1996, Griffin School provides students with a high school program that values individuality, creativity, and community. What makes Griffin unique is the balance between a rigorous college preparatory academic program and a vibrant, creative and supportive school community. Our interactive classes are capped at fifteen students and academic programming fosters artistic expression, critical thinking, and genuine involvement in the school and Austin community. We offer Advanced Placement courses across all disciplines, a broad array of fine arts classes and a competitive sports program. We are located in Central Austin in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
5206 Balcones Drive
Austin, TX 78731
(512) 502-5400 2.9 9-12
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 12.8 K-12
- Austin Grades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 480-8142 3.3 NS-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?