Griffin School Photo #4 - Griffin student volunteers clean and care for the Shipe Pool Mural, a public art installation sponsored by Griffin School.
Griffin School Photo #6 - Advanced Fashion students design and sew their own creations for a runway show at our fall & spring art shows!
- Griffin School is a college preparatory high school community defined by academic rigor and creativity.
- Our mission is to cultivate individual potential and intellectual curiosity in a vibrant and engaged community. Founded in 1996 and fully accredited, Griffin School provides students with a high school program that values individuality, creativity, and community.
- Our students gain admission into some of the best colleges and universities across the country; more importantly, they become creative, curious, authentic human beings
- Our interactive classes are capped at fifteen students and academic programming fosters artistic expression, critical thinking, and genuine involvement in the school and Austin community.
- We offer Advanced Placement courses across all disciplines, a broad array of fine arts classes and a competitive sports program.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Language and Composition, AP Latin, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Studio Art - Drawing, AP Studio Art-2D, AP Studio Art-3D, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 19 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,550|
|Tuition Notes||additional $850 annual fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Caroline Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Cross Fit, Soccer,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Explorers Outdoor Club, National Honor Society, Yearbook Club, Youth Radio
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir/Chorus, Theatre Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Parent interview
- Student shadow day/interview
- Parent/Student application
- $50 application fee
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: PK-12 | 803 students
3901 Speedway St
Austin, TX 78751
(512)465-8344 1.1 PK-12
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512)288-5942 12.8 K-12
- Austin Grades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
(512)480-8142 3.3 NS-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.