Brentwood Christian School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (512) 835-5983 Ext. 117
- Brentwood Christian School is an exceptional college preparatory parochial school where it couples numerous offerings and accomplishments with the perspective of Christ as the center of all. BCS is an outstanding choice because your child will receive a world-class education and have all the extra- and co-curricular experiences to insure a well-rounded experience.
- BCS seeks to hire only the best Christian educators and focus their talents upon delivering a dynamic, comprehensive, and challenging curriculum. And, at BCS, we seek to combine the presence of this outstanding teaching staff and strong curriculum with talented, motivated students so that scholarship will clearly flourish.
- The mission of the Brentwood Christian School is to lead students to love God and to nurture them in a Christ-centered academic environment that emphasizes excellence and inspires them to develop their God-given talents for lives of Christian leadership and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||608 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English III, AP English IV, AP Physics, Dual Credit American History I, Dual Credit American History II, Dual Credit Bible, Dual Credit Intro to Psychology, Dual Credit Quantitative Reasoning|
|Average SAT score||1244|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kimberly McLain|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren Warner|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Claw Crew, Debate and Speech, Geography Bee, Honor Society, Journalism, Math Pentathalon, Private School Interscholastic Association, Safety Patrol, Spelling Bee, Spiritual Life Committee, Student Council, Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, Texas Christian School Association, Texas Christian Schools Interscholastic Tournament, Texas Math/Science Coaches Association, Texas Private School Music Educators Association, Texas State Math League, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band Program, Choir, Encore, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Theater Production, Theater Program, Theatre Tech
- Brentwood Christian School is an exceptional college preparatory parochial school where it couples numerous offerings and accomplishments with the perspective of Christ as the center of all. BCS is an outstanding choice because your child will receive a world-class education and have all the extra- and co-curricular experiences to insure a well-rounded experience.BCS seeks to hire only the best Christian educators and focus their talents upon delivering a dynamic, comprehensive, and challenging curriculum. And, at BCS, we seek to combine the presence of this outstanding teaching staff and strong curriculum with talented, motivated students so that scholarship will clearly flourish.The mission of the Brentwood Christian School is to lead students to love God and to nurture them in a Christ-centered academic environment that emphasizes excellence and inspires them to develop their God-given talents for lives of Christian leadership and service.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 17.8 K-12
- Austin Grades: 9-12 | 125 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
(512) 454-5797 6 9-12
I have been a teacher at this school for nearly twenty years, which has enabled me to witness the growth of Brentwood. Brentwood has always been dedicated to helping students grow, but in recent years we have been able to grow more than I thought possible. We have gained new equipment, new facilities, and we recently added football! This has been a great activity that brings the community together on Friday nights. However, through all the growth the foundation of Brentwood remains; we are a school dedicated to teaching our students in a Christ centered environment. I believe in Brentwood enough that I sent my three children to school there, and it was one of the best decisions I have made. My oldest child thrived while in college and graduated with Honors from a private university. My second oldest is thriving while in college. My youngest is in high school and is loving the ability to participate in an academic competition, dance team, and sports.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
I have two children who started here in kindergarten. One will be a senior, the other a 9th grader. Both have made National Honor Society, received recognition in extra-curricular activities, are taking college-level courses and accomplishing things way beyond the majority. They are being prepared for college and life but still are allowed to be kids and have fun. I have my kids here for 3 reasons: 1) the academic expectations are substantially higher than most public school and many other private schools so they are being taught at levels beyond the standard which will set them up for success in whatever they choose to do, 2) they can participate in any extra-curricular activities they want to be in and are encouraged to do so, 3) it is a Christian school, meaning the moral and ethical standards they are held to are significantly greater than public schools as well as other private schools. If you want the best for your kids, academically, spiritually and help them grow to be strong-minded adults who add to society this is a place for them.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
BCS has blessed my two kids so much over the past 12 years. It is hard to believe my oldest will be a senior this year. I am so grateful that she is not only prepared academically to handle the challenges of college, but she is grounded in who she is as well. Academically my kids have learned to handle rigorous classes, but also how to be organized and multitask. I love that my kids can be involved in whatever extracurricular activities they would like to try to encourage not to limit themselves to only one thing to specialize in. I am so proud of who they have become and I know Brentwood Christian played a part in that.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2 students
I went to Brentwood Christian School from kindergarten all the way through twelfth grade. Brentwood is a school that has a strong community that will support you in whatever you do. There will be people cheering at the sports events and academic. Brentwood also presents the unique ability to do however many events you want! My junior year of high school I was able to participate in 21 extra curricular events that ranged from Varsity basketball to the debate team, and no matter what I was doing I could feel the support of my Brentwood family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Megan Burcham
My child has been attending Brentwood Christian School since Kindergarten and we could not be more pleased! Our child is excelling academically, emotionally, and spiritually. The faculty and staff truly do care for each child. The community here is equally amazing, there are always events going on that help to bring the BCS families together.
- Posted by Parent - Brandy
Brentwood is a wonderful school with a strong community. From exceptional academics to athletics to arts to enrichment programming - Brentwood has it all. We love the community and the environment and our children love the student body and their daily experiences. With two graduates of Brentwood and another still in school I can honestly say it is the best investment we have made, and it shows in the people my children have grown to be.
- Posted by Parent - Dad of 3
Getting involved with your child's school benefits both you and the school. It's a win-win for all concerned.
The impact of the 2009 financial meltdown on private school endowments has not been as severe as it was on college endowments.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.