Summit Christian Academy - Cedar Park Campus
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (512) 250-1369
- Summit Christian Academy is an independent, non-denominational school system that exists as a partnership between its students, parents, and faculty.
- Summit's vision is to equip its students to impact the world through the power of Jesus Christ.
- To accomplish this, Summit endeavors to enrich the mind of each student through rigorous academics and biblical thinking, to challenge each student to display character that honors Christ and others, and to train students to influence the world around them through Christian service.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Processing Disorders, AD/HD, Speech Impairments|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Student uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,200|
|Tuition Notes||Range : $7, 142 (Pre-K 5 day) - $12, 060 (12th).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christi Berger|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Cinema Society, Elementary Dance, Instrumental Music, Science Club|
Club or Organization:
National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Elementary Spanish Club, Theater
- Summit Christian Academy (SCA) comprises a non-denominational, independent school system, operating on two campuses, offering grades Pre-K (3 years) through 12 to the greater Northwest Austin Texas community. As a college and life preparatory, co-educational school that began operations in 2003, SCA also features character development and a strong emphasis on service to the community. SCA is fully accredited through the Association of Christians Schools International (ACSI).
- Summit's PK-12 campus is located at 2121 Cypress Creek Road in Cedar Park, Texas. The Elementary Principal on the Cedar Park campus is Shelley Jordan, and Sally Nunez serves as Secondary Principal. Colonel Scott Mac Leod is the Headmaster. The Cedar Park campus also houses Summit's main administrative offices. Please call (512) 250-1369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leander Grades: 5-12 | 81 students
17317 FM 1431
Leander, TX 78641
(512) 219-5673 3.9 5-12
- Cedar Park Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
400 E Whitestone Blvd
Cedar Park, TX 78613
(512) 259-8495 3.4 NS-5
Our 3 children have attended Summit Christian Academy for the last 3 years (2 in elementary, 1 now in middle school) and have loved it! :) It's been our favorite school experience by far after being less than impressed with public schools and charter schools. Our kids have enjoyed their learning experiences as well as extra curricular involvement such as choir, volleyball, and cheerleading. They've made quality friendships with other kids of good character; I expect many of these friendships will be lifelong. They've also developed amazing relationships with their teachers and other staff. The weekly worship time, Christian impact education, and Godly character focus has definitely had a wonderful impact on them and planted seeds that are blossoming into valuable life skills. All 3 of our children are happy to go to school and happy when we pick them up. We also love that they enjoy plenty of fresh air each day and a home-style meal from Ms. Bev's kitchen on an outdoor, covered, patio surrounded by beautiful, oak trees. I love that I feel God's presence every time I'm on campus and that the teachers and staff exude God's love and peace! Yes, I'm just as excited as my children that we have become "Summit Family"! And we love, that all are welcome! ;)
- Posted by Parent - Kayla W.
We enrolled our daughter at Summit 3 years ago for Kindergarten. The past 3 years have been great. The teachers are wonderful to work with and have the students best interest at heart. We love the family feel of the school and would recommend it to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - mary7
Amazing academics and strong Biblical teaching are two huge benefits of attending Summit. Our son is graduating next month and is well prepared for college as indicated by his ACT/SAT scores. He has many college options as a result of the great education he received there since first grade.
- Posted by Parent - dgrin
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.