Centerville Layton School
- Centreville Layton School offers a rigorous educational and cultural experience for students who learn differently.
- The program identifies academic and social needs of the individual and provides a curriculum that focuses on problem solving and critical thinking.
- Through intervention and strengthening learning strategies, the school empowers each student to reach his or her potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, LD, ADD, ADHD, Language based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,995|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Kivler|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Winter Track,
- Centreville Layton School`s program is designed to meet the individual needs of children and adolescents who learn differently. Numerous challenges to the learning process can interfere with a child`s ability to succeed in a large, traditional classroom. Our students build skill sets and develop learning strategies so they can overcome challenges and achieve academically and thrive socially.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: 2-8 | 35 students
459 Wyoming Road
Newark, DE 19716
(302)831-0222 12.1 2-8
- Wilmington Grades: K-8 | 150 students
208 Woodlawn Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302)478-1740 3.7 K-8
- Hockessin Grades: PK-12 | 577 students
6900 Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)235-6500 4.8 PK-12
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.