Centerville Layton School
- Centreville Layton School offers a rigorous educational and cultural experience for students who learn differently.
- The program identifies academic and social needs of the individual and provides a curriculum that focuses on problem solving and critical thinking.
- Through intervention and strengthening learning strategies, the school empowers each student to reach his or her potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, LD, ADD, ADHD, Language based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,995|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Kivler|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Winter Track,
- Centreville Layton School`s program is designed to meet the individual needs of children and adolescents who learn differently. Numerous challenges to the learning process can interfere with a child`s ability to succeed in a large, traditional classroom. Our students build skill sets and develop learning strategies so they can overcome challenges and achieve academically and thrive socially.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: 2-8 | 35 students
459 Wyoming Road
Newark, DE 19716
(302)831-0222 12.1 2-8
- Wilmington Grades: K-8 | 150 students
208 Woodlawn Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302)478-1740 3.7 K-8
- Hockessin Grades: PK-12 | 577 students
6900 Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)235-6500 4.8 PK-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.