Centerville Layton School
- Centreville Layton School offers a robust educational and cultural experience for students who learn differently.
- The program identifies academic and social needs of the individual and provides a curriculum that focuses on problem solving and critical thinking. Through intervention and strengthening learning strategies, the school empowers each student to reach his or her potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, LD, ADD, ADHD, Language based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,075|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Kivler|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Winter Track,
- Centreville Layton School`s program is designed to meet the individual needs of children and adolescents who learn differently. Numerous challenges to the learning process can interfere with a child`s ability to succeed in a large, traditional classroom. Our students build skill sets and develop learning strategies so they can overcome challenges and achieve academically and thrive socially.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: 2-8 | 153 students
459 Wyoming Road
Newark, DE 19716
(302)831-0222 12.1 2-8
- Wilmington Grades: K-8 | 126 students
208 Woodlawn Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302)478-1740 3.7 K-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.