Central Catholic High School
100% of Central Catholic's graduating students matriculate to colleges and universities across the country and around the world. The Class of 2016 earned more than $9 million in college scholarships.
Faithful to our Catholic Tradition, our mission is to witness to the Gospel while building an educational community that inspires the spiritual, academic, and social development of young adults.
A Central Catholic graduate is a spiritually-developed person, an academically-prepared student, a socially-responsible leader, and, a globally-conscious citizen.
WE offer 22 honors and AP courses. In addition, two college courses are offered on our campus each year. Central Catholic seniors earned 87 college units prior to graduation.
WE currently have 18 sports on campus. Our sports teams compete in the Valley Oak league and have won multiple league, section, and state championships.
WE have 17 clubs and co-curriculars. 90% of our student body participates in co-curricular activities.
WE have a Scholarship Program totaling more than $600,000 designed to help families send their children to Central Catholic High School.
- Central Catholic High School provides 4-year College Preparatory education.
- A Central Catholic graduate will be spiritually-developed, academically-prepared, a socially-responsible leader, and a globally-conscious citizen.
- We offer 22 Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) Courses.
- Through a college partnership, college courses are offered on our campus each year. Last year, our seniors earned 87 college credits prior to graduation.
- The average SAT score is 1568 and the average ACT score is 23.
- The Class of 2016 earned over $9 million in college scholarships and 100% of our graduates go on to college.
- We currently have 17 clubs and 18 sports on campus and over 90% of our student body participates in co-curricular and sports activities.
- Each student is required to complete 100 hours of Christian/ community service prior to graduation.
- We have a growing International Student program with more than a dozen students from Asia and South America attending our campus.
- We offer a variety of scholarships to incoming and current students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Advanced Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Government and Politics - United States, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1568|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/shorts, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,690|
|Tuition Notes||Central Catholic High School offers more than 50 scholarships to incoming and current students. Roughly 40% of our current student body has received more than $550,000 in scholarships to assist with tuition costs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jodi Tybor|
|Admissions Associate||Chris Hancock|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, ASB (Associated Student Body), BETA (Academic Achievement Club), Blue Crew, Book Club, Bowling Club, Christian Athletes, CSF (California Scholarship Federation - Academic Club), Interact Club, International Club, Key Club (in conjunction with Kiwanis), Math Bowl Team, NHS (National Honor Society - Academic Club), Running Clubb, Science Olympiad, Social Justice Club, Speech and Debate Teams, Student Marketing, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Creative Writing Club, Drama Clu
- Central Catholic is a 4-year, College Preparatory High School that offers students a rigorous, diverse curriculum rooted in the traditions of the Catholic faith. Central Catholic`s faculty is comprised of highly skilled and devoted educators who understand the vital role they have in shaping each student while preparing them for the challenges they are sure to face as college students and as global citizens in the 21st century.
- Classes are designed to promote critical thinking, effective communication and strong reasoning skills. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves in their course selection and, for those students who seek a more rigorous course of study, Central Catholic offers honors and AP classes in English, social studies, mathematics, science and foreign language.
- All courses offered meet or exceed the admission requirements for both public and private universities nationwide.
- It is our ongoing goal for 100% of our seniors to attend college.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.