Charles Towne Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Charles Towne Montessori School was founded in 1972 and is the only internationally accredited Montessori School in the state of South Carolina.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dress code; khaki and blue or white)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Mission Charles Towne Montessori fosters a passion for learning and the development of the whole child by challenging children's intellects, promoting their independence and inspiring curiosity.
- Montessori is an approach to the education of children. It is a view of how children develop and learn which has been translated into a systematic method of education based upon careful scientific study.
- Montessori educates the "whole child".
- Montessori adheres to the idea that schooling should work with the nature of the child instead of against it.
- Children are taught individually, not as a group.
- The materials in a Montessori classroom are carefully designed and thoroughly researched to fit the developmental needs and characteristics of children.
- The teacher acts as a guide as the child moves through the curriculum areas.
- The Montessori program is systematically and carefully sequenced according to principles of development.
- Every activity is carefully thought out to build upon previous preparation and to lead intelligence on to a higher activity.
- Montessori teachers are trained to teach respect and positive values through theirmodeling, as well as through the way they teach.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Grades: NS | 150 students
1101 Savannah Highway
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-2681 0.7 NS
- Mount Pleasant Grades: PK-K | 123 students
208 Church St
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
(843)884-1117 7.2 PK-K
- Charleston Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
888-A King St
Charleston, SC 29403
(843)577-4495 3.9 PK-8
Charles Towne Montessori has been an amazing, enriching experience for my 2 children. They have thrived academically, socially, and emotionally in this environment. The community of families here is very involved and closely connected. My children and I have found lifelong friends here. This education will prepare my children for their future academic endeavors, and for all their pursuits in life. The skills they have gained are invaluable.
- Posted by Parent - susan
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Teaching in a private school is different from teaching in a public school. Find out more about the differences as well as duties, compensation and where to find jobs.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.