Charles Towne Montessori School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 141 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 18%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(dress code; khaki and blue or white)
(dress code; khaki and blue or white)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Mission Charles Towne Montessori fosters a passion for learning and the development of the whole child by challenging children's intellects, promoting their independence and inspiring curiosity.
- Montessori is an approach to the education of children. It is a view of how children develop and learn which has been translated into a systematic method of education based upon careful scientific study.
- Montessori educates the "whole child".
- Montessori adheres to the idea that schooling should work with the nature of the child instead of against it.
- Children are taught individually, not as a group.
- The materials in a Montessori classroom are carefully designed and thoroughly researched to fit the developmental needs and characteristics of children.
- The teacher acts as a guide as the child moves through the curriculum areas.
- The Montessori program is systematically and carefully sequenced according to principles of development.
- Every activity is carefully thought out to build upon previous preparation and to lead intelligence on to a higher activity.
- Montessori teachers are trained to teach respect and positive values through theirmodeling, as well as through the way they teach.
I attended this school from age 3 to 11. I would say that I may submit a fair comment unlike the other comment the current posted which PRINCIPAL.I would say that my primary (kindergarten) experience went pretty well. We learned at a slow but effective rate. Though, I had the better teacher out of the two, so other students` experiences were not as good. The Elementary program is when things get bad. The trouble starts in the 1st grade where spelling errors do not matter. I specifically remember my yearbook being signed with "has a great summer." You are also only being taught one lesson a day, the lessons took about 25 minutes, this means students spend about 2 hours learning each WEEK, that is less than the amount that public schools do in a DAY! I will say that the school does GREAT with learning cursive, but that is the ONLY thing that they do above private school average in. In everything else academic, they completely FAIL. They also teach material in a different way than everyone else, this means when students go to other schools, they do not know certain terms that EVERYONE else knows. The area where Montessori lacks the most in is learning basic life and future school skills. Montessori has NO homework, tests, quizzes or exams! This means the only way a Montessori student can survive is by going to a Montessori high school, Montessori college and live a Montessori lifestyle.There are many other HUGE flaws to Charles Towne Montessori School, but if I went into detail with any of them, this review would break the internet. I do not mean to offend any teachers or faculty with this. I also don't know how to rate this school anything except a five star, but if I could it would definitely be a 1.- Enraged Alumnus.
Charles Towne Montessori has been an amazing, enriching experience for my 2 children. They have thrived academically, socially, and emotionally in this environment. The community of families here is very involved and closely connected. My children and I have found lifelong friends here. This education will prepare my children for their future academic endeavors, and for all their pursuits in life. The skills they have gained are invaluable.
Endorse Charles Towne Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.