Charles Towne Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Charles Towne Montessori School was founded in 1972 and is the only internationally accredited Montessori School in the state of South Carolina.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dress code; khaki and blue or white)
- Mission Charles Towne Montessori fosters a passion for learning and the development of the whole child by challenging children's intellects, promoting their independence and inspiring curiosity.
- Montessori is an approach to the education of children. It is a view of how children develop and learn which has been translated into a systematic method of education based upon careful scientific study.
- Montessori educates the "whole child".
- Montessori adheres to the idea that schooling should work with the nature of the child instead of against it.
- Children are taught individually, not as a group.
- The materials in a Montessori classroom are carefully designed and thoroughly researched to fit the developmental needs and characteristics of children.
- The teacher acts as a guide as the child moves through the curriculum areas.
- The Montessori program is systematically and carefully sequenced according to principles of development.
- Every activity is carefully thought out to build upon previous preparation and to lead intelligence on to a higher activity.
- Montessori teachers are trained to teach respect and positive values through theirmodeling, as well as through the way they teach.
Profile last updated: 04/28/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CharlestonGrades: PK-NS | 150 students
1101 Savannah Highway
Charleston, SC 29407
- Mount PleasantGrades: PK-KG | 123 students
208 Church St
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Johns IslandGrades: PK-12 | 291 students
2024 Academy Rd
Johns Island, SC 29455
- CharlestonGrades: PK-8 | 155 students
1125 Pittsford Cir
Charleston, SC 29412
- Mount PleasantGrades: PK-KG | 320 students
955 Houston Northcutt Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Charles Towne Montessori has been an amazing, enriching experience for my 2 children. They have thrived academically, socially, and emotionally in this environment. The community of families here is very involved and closely connected. My children and I have found lifelong friends here. This education will prepare my children for their future academic endeavors, and for all their pursuits in life. The skills they have gained are invaluable.
- Posted by Parent - susan
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.