- Charles Towne Montessori School was founded in 1972 and is the only internationally accredited Montessori School in the state of South Carolina.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(dress code; khaki and blue or white)
- Mission Charles Towne Montessori fosters a passion for learning and the development of the whole child by challenging children's intellects, promoting their independence and inspiring curiosity.
- Montessori is an approach to the education of children. It is a view of how children develop and learn which has been translated into a systematic method of education based upon careful scientific study.
- Montessori educates the "whole child".
- Montessori adheres to the idea that schooling should work with the nature of the child instead of against it.
- Children are taught individually, not as a group.
- The materials in a Montessori classroom are carefully designed and thoroughly researched to fit the developmental needs and characteristics of children.
- The teacher acts as a guide as the child moves through the curriculum areas.
- The Montessori program is systematically and carefully sequenced according to principles of development.
- Every activity is carefully thought out to build upon previous preparation and to lead intelligence on to a higher activity.
- Montessori teachers are trained to teach respect and positive values through theirmodeling, as well as through the way they teach.
Profile last updated: 04/28/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mount PleasantGrades: PK-KG | 123 students
208 Church St
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
CharlestonGrades: PK-NS | 150 students
1101 Savannah Highway
Charleston, SC 29407
CharlestonGrades: NS-12 | 682 students
172 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403
CharlestonGrades: K-5 | 74 students
13 Oakdale Pl
Charleston, SC 29407
CharlestonGrades: PK-1 | 79 students
3377 Ridgeway St
Charleston, SC 29405
Charles Towne Montessori has been an amazing, enriching experience for my 2 children. They have thrived academically, socially, and emotionally in this environment. The community of families here is very involved and closely connected. My children and I have found lifelong friends here. This education will prepare my children for their future academic endeavors, and for all their pursuits in life. The skills they have gained are invaluable.
- Posted by Parent - susan
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.