Mason Preparatory School
5.00 (8 reviews)
- Mason Preparatory School is committed to the education of the whole child in preparation for secondary education through the cultivation of respect, integrity, and personal responsibility within a nurturing environment that results in a productive citizen of a global community.
- We believe that each child should be: provided academic opportunities and learning experiences in order to fully develop intellectual potential
- guided to become a well-rounded individual-intellectually, morally, physically, and aesthetically
- instilled with a lifelong love of learning afforded the opportunity to become a creative and critical thinker
- directed to pursue definite and meaningful goals while strengthening self-concept
- and encouraged to develop self-discipline, responsibility, and accountability
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
- Independent, non-profit, co-ed institution for grades K-8
- Head of School - Erik Kreutner
- Assistant Head of School - Roseann Jordan
- Total student population: approximately 301
- Student to teacher ratio: 11 to 1
- School hours 8:00 - 3:05, with faculty supervision beginning at 7:30
- Two homerooms per grade
- Individual assistants in each kindergarten and 1st grade class, shared assistants in each grade 2-4, shared assistant for grades 5-8
- State of the art technology equipment with technology instruction beginning in kindergarten; 1:1 iPad/tablet program in grades 3-8
- Weekly curriculum including art, music, media center, physical education, guidance, French and/or Spanish
- Carnegie unit available in Algebra I and French I or Spanish I for proficient 8th grade students
- Full time guidance counselor
- Full time learning specialist
- After-school activities offered
- Varied sports programs offered
- Extended care available on full school days until 5:45
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Palmetto Association of Independent Schools (PAIS), and the South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA)
- Our graduates enroll in an outstanding variety of public and private high schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CharlestonGrades: 1-12 | 898 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
- CharlestonGrades: PK-8 | 81 students
15 Crosscreek Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
- CharlestonGrades: K-5 | 74 students
13 Oakdale Pl
Charleston, SC 29407
- CharlestonGrades: NS-12 | 682 students
172 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403
- CharlestonGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
7 Saint Teresa Dr
Charleston, SC 29407
We have our two children at Mason Prep now and could not be more pleased with the caring and energized teachers and staff that work so diligently to provide the best possible experience to our children. The individual attention and focus on learning in a truly nurturing environment has helped our children thrive. The extra emphasis on community service, manners, and developing strong personal character, is why we chose Mason Prep.
- Posted by Parent - Craig Colby
I have two sons that attend Mason Prep. We could not be happier! Each and every teacher we have had has been exceptional. The teachers and all staff at the school are caring, know each child by name on the first day. It is like a family. The small school allows the administration and all staff to get to know each child, their strengths and weaknesses. The manners and kindness that you see in each and every student is very impressive. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a caring environment and wonderful education.
- Posted by Parent - Laura Rembert
Mason Prep has proven to be the perfect school for our daughter. Beyond the excellent academics, the school strives to help develop well rounded, good citizens in a nurturing environment. The teachers and staff are amazing, truly dedicated to the students. We couldn`t be more pleased with our experience at Mason Prep, and highly recommend it to anyone that values a great education and character building experience.
- Posted by Parent - Laura Brisson
We are so glad that we chose Mason Prep for our daughter! It is a caring and nurturing environment, with wonderful academics. It is an environment that allows children to make mistakes and learn and grow from them. I am always impressed by how polite all of the children are, in both elementary and middle school. The staff truly cares for each and every student, and it shows! Our daughter loves MP and is proud to be a Knight!
- Posted by Parent - JenBEvans
Mason Prep has been a wonderful experience for my two daughters for the past 6 years. MP is a very unique community of dedicated teachers, supportive parents and happy students. MP provides challenging and comprehensive academic programs. The school promotes leadership, community service, character development and presentation skills. The students are growing and learning in a very nurturing environment.
- Posted by Parent - Vera Ivanova
Mason Prep is such a special place! We are so grateful for this school, and have been very pleased with the teachers, administrators, academics and overall caring environment that Mason Prep has provided for our daughter. Each teacher she has been fortunate enough to have while at Mason Prep has made a positive impact on her life--not only from an educational perspective, but also on her self-esteem and her sense of place in the world. In addition to having high academic standards, Mason Prep stands out for its emphasis on good citizenship and character. I would encourage anyone with children in grades K through 8 to consider this wonderful school!
- Posted by Parent - Lori Winkler
We have both of our children enrolled at Mason Prep and its one the best decisions we have made as parents. Both are academically challenged and guided in principle, but equally as important, they are genuinely loved and cared for. Its a warm and loving environment; perfect for our family.
- Posted by Parent - Edward Oswald
Two of my three children attend Mason Prep (third one will soon), and I honestly could not be happier with our experience. The teachers and administration are so caring and engaged with not only the students but also with the parents. The teachers understand the needs/strengths/weaknesses of each child and work hard to maximize each child's potential in a non-stressful way that would otherwise make the kids lose confidence. At the same time, they let the kids make mistakes and do not shelter them from occasional let-downs and failures. In short, the school produces well-rounded and well-educated kids that are prepared for the next level. I can honestly recommend the school without hesitation. It feels like family. Randy
- Posted by Parent - Randy Bates
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.