First Baptist School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- First Baptist Church School's mission is academic excellence with a Christian perspective.
- The purpose of First Baptist Church School is to provide a premier Christian education, preparing students for academic sucess with a strong spiritual foundation.
- Our school is fully accredited and has a long tradition of helping students achieve their highest potential.
- Academic excellence is our standard, but not the only standard for our student.
- Rather than a secular perspective, our school offers a clearly Christian world view.
- We encourage the discovery of Biblical truths so that students can learn about God's purpose for their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||527 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Maack|
|Admissions Associate||Beverly Rawls|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Pleasant Grades: NS-12 | 200 students
681 McCants Drive
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
(843)884-3663 4 NS-12
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 14.8 NS-12
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 908 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-3620 1.9 1-12
- North Charleston Grades: PK-12 | 313 students
7800 Northside Dr
North Charleston, SC 29420
(843)797-2690 13.6 PK-12
We have two recent graduates and one current HS student. (All attended K-12) We have been very pleased with the school and especially the teachers and environment. They provide a great education with a Christian World View. Both of our girls graduated with 24 hours of dual credit college hours. The new HS on James Island is great!
- Posted by Parent - Rob Marchant
I have three children that attend FBS. I could not be happier being a part of the First Baptist family. I know that my children are receiving a quality education, have caring teachers and administration that cares about bullying. The arts and athletics are top notch. We are very happy with FBS!
- Posted by Parent - Lizz Schleifer
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.