James Island Christian School
- James Island Christian School is located on beautiful James Island in Charleston, South Carolina.
- We offer a quality, Christian education for families with students ranging from K-4 - 8th grade.
- On top of a great learning environment, JICS offers multiple opportunities for extra-curricular activities and sports for all Elementary and Middle and School students.
- James Island Christian School provides an opportunity for academic excellence within a Christ-centered environment that compliments the teaching of the home and the church.
- We believe that the ultimate responsibility for the education of a child rests with the parent.
- Therefore, there must be a partnership between parent and school, each supporting and reinforcing the other.
- At James Island Christian School, we provide for the education of the whole child: spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically.
- The truth, as revealed in God`s Word, is the foundation for all subject matter.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
The South Carolina Independent School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants, shorts, skorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||range from $4,180-$7,79, multiple students in a family discount, some financial aid|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
After School Art
- James Island Christian School is located on beautiful James Island in Charleston, South Carolina. We offer a quality, Christian education for families with students ranging from K-4 - 8th grade. On top of a great learning environment, JICS offers multiple opportunities for extra-curricular activities and sports for all Elementary and Middle School students. James Island Christian School provides an opportunity for academic excellence within a Christ-centered environment that compliments the teaching of the home and the church. We believe that the ultimate responsibility for the education of a child rests with the parent. Therefore, there must be a partnership between parent and school, each supporting and reinforcing the other. At James Island Christian School, we provide for the education of the whole child: spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically. The truth, as revealed in God`s Word, is the foundation for all subject matter.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 863 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 14.7 NS-12
We have had one or two children attending JICS since it opened in 1994. Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The Christian worldview is taught and lived out here. The school supports our family's efforts in discipling our kids, as well as teaching academic subjects they''ll need in life and college. Our oldest completed his entire K3-12th experience at JICS. He was accepted by several colleges, and graduated from the SC school he most wanted to attend. The athletic program is well-supported, and because the school is smaller, both kids have played on whatever sports teams they were interested in. The art teacher is gifted at pulling out whatever talent your child may have; JICS students'' artwork is amazing. We have had many JICS teachers whose sincere interest in our children's success was both touching and encouraging. The faculty and staff are a huge part of why JICS feels like family. There are pros and cons to a small school. We have found mostly that the pros (class/teacher ratios, individual attention, sports participation, family feeling), outweigh the cons (limited extracurriculars). Uniformed marching band? No. Great teachers dedicated to kids success? Yes!
- Posted by Parent - wmcke
Once in a while something truly exceeds expectations - for us, the JICS experience does. We have 7 children that now attend JICS - ages 4 to 13. They were adopted from afar and near: China, Ethiopia, Panama, and New York State. This is the third year since the first of our children enrolled at JICS - in less than 4 years we will have 2 more children there. We are extremely pleased with the school. From the head of the school, the administrative staff, teachers, and coaches, we have been treated as family. The school's Christian values brought us to the school - the work ethics of the school's teachers and staff keeps us there. We have been extremely pleased with not only the school's curriculum but also with the individual attention each child receives. A couple of our kids are truly gifted in art - there is no better art program in the country than what exists at JICS. Do we consider JICS tuition to be a good deal? The fact that we have 7 students there and will have 9 before the oldest graduates answers that question.
- Posted by Parent - georg
JICS is a gem on James Island! We have a 3rd grader and one in K5 and have been pleased with all aspects of the school in the 4 years we have had a child here. The staff is no doubt the best and we are blessed that these are the people our children spend the majority of their day with. It is such a comfort sending our kids to a school with such loving, patient & educated staff. Just this morning, my youngest told me "the first day of K4 was the best day of my life!".
- Posted by Parent - paige
Our son has been at JICS since K5 (almost 10 years now). My wife and I love the school, the leadership and the faculty and staff. The school also has a sound academic program and a strong athletic program with solid coaches. We really love the schools mission: partnering with parents, to disciple children to influence their generation. JICS is an integral part of helping us raise our child. Through the partnership that is created between the school, me and my wife, we are able to provide for our child an education that is centered on a biblical world view. From the core subjects to the extracurricular activities, the school is centered on the Gospel. The Gospel shapes the way subjects are taught, and it complements what is being reinforced and taught at home. This partnership is then used to disciple our child and helps him grow in his understanding of the the Gospel. As he grows in his understanding of science, history and math, he also grows in his knowledge of the Word and how to apply that understanding in his own life. From there, we are trusting that God will use this solid foundation in the Gospel to shape a young man that is able to influence his generation.
- Posted by Parent - gross
Great school with strong leadership, excellent faculty who care for students needs, tremendous extracurricular (athletic, academic, arts) activities and strong emphasis on the development of Christian morals and values.
- Posted by Administrator - wes.d