Charleston Day School
- Charleston Day School is a unique school, serving students in grades 1-8 on an urban campus located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina.
- Our student body of approximately 180 students thrives in this personal environment where all the students and faculty members know one another.
- Charleston Day focuses on the primary, elementary and middle school years, and our program prepares students for the eventual challenges of high school, college, graduate school, and life.
- The mission of Charleston Day School is to foster scholarship, integrity, respect and responsibility in our students.
- This straightforward mission provides direction for each member of the school community and reminds us that academic development shares equal billing with the formation of character and integrity in our youngest generation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 908 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-3620 1.7 1-12
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 863 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 14.4 NS-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.