- Charleston Day School is a unique school, serving students in grades 1-8 on an urban campus located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina.
- Our student body of approximately 180 students thrives in this personal environment where all the students and faculty members know one another.
- Charleston Day focuses on the primary, elementary and middle school years, and our program prepares students for the eventual challenges of high school, college, graduate school, and life.
- The mission of Charleston Day School is to foster scholarship, integrity, respect and responsibility in our students.
- This straightforward mission provides direction for each member of the school community and reminds us that academic development shares equal billing with the formation of character and integrity in our youngest generation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CharlestonGrades: K-8 | 79 students
2234 Plainview Rd
Charleston, SC 29414
Goose CreekGrades: PK-12 | 811 students
104 Charger Drive
Goose Creek, SC 29486
CharlestonGrades: 1-12 | 898 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
CharlestonGrades: NS-12 | 682 students
172 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403