Charleston Day School
- Charleston Day School is a unique school, serving students in grades 1-8 on an urban campus located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina.
- Our student body of approximately 180 students thrives in this personal environment where all the students and faculty members know one another.
- Charleston Day focuses on the primary, elementary and middle school years, and our program prepares students for the eventual challenges of high school, college, graduate school, and life.
- The mission of Charleston Day School is to foster scholarship, integrity, respect and responsibility in our students.
- This straightforward mission provides direction for each member of the school community and reminds us that academic development shares equal billing with the formation of character and integrity in our youngest generation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 908 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-3620 1.7 1-12
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 14.4 NS-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.