Charleston Day School
- Charleston Day School is a unique school, serving students in grades 1-8 on an urban campus located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina.
- Our student body of approximately 180 students thrives in this personal environment where all the students and faculty members know one another.
- Charleston Day focuses on the primary, elementary and middle school years, and our program prepares students for the eventual challenges of high school, college, graduate school, and life.
- The mission of Charleston Day School is to foster scholarship, integrity, respect and responsibility in our students.
- This straightforward mission provides direction for each member of the school community and reminds us that academic development shares equal billing with the formation of character and integrity in our youngest generation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 908 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-3620 1.7 1-12
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 14.4 NS-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.