Chelten Child Development Center
- Chelten Child Development Center offers weekday learning programs for children age 13 months through pre-kindergarten.
- We offer 10 different pre-school schedules from 2 mornings per week to 5 days of full time care.
- Our experienced staff of certified and degreed teachers and assistants is dedicated to providing a safe, loving environment in which children can develop physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.
- Each child develops at his or her own pace in a relaxed but guided setting.
- Daily activities include music, literature, letters, numbers, nature, art, dramatic play, computers, puzzles, manipulatives, learning centers, and much more.
- We use field trips and special events to further enrich our curriculum.
- Visiting teachers and guests are also invited in to share their experiences or perform for the children.
- Our staff is truly dedicated to providing a positive school experience for each individual child.
- Our teachers, administrators, and assistants are here because they love the Lord and they love children.
- From the time a child enters a classroom he or she becomes part of our family and is nurtured and guided by caring teachers.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dresher Grades: NS | 21 students
1465 Limekiln Pike
Dresher, PA 19025
(215)646-2629 0.3 NS
- North wales Grades: 7-12 | 96 students
111 Chestnut Lane
North wales, PA 19454
(215)542-7737 1 7-12
- Glenside Grades: PK-8 | 201 students
835 N Hills Ave
Glenside, PA 19038 1.6 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.