- Chester Pre-School and Kindergarten was established in 1988 and moved to its present site in 1989.
- The director/owner, Barbara Stein, attended Suny at Oneonta, NY and graduated with a B.S. degree in Elementary Education.
- She earned her M.Ed from Lesley University in June of 2005 in Curriculum and instruction with a specialization in Creative Arts and Learning.
- Mrs. Stein and staff maintain their skills with a variety of extensive training through educational workshops and seminars.
- The mission of Once Upon a Child Family Daycare, LLC is to provide safe, affordable, high quality family home child care where children are recognized as individuals and are encouraged to develop at their own pace.
- The program provides a loving and nurturing home environment for children to grow and learn.
- Children will develop a feeling of security and belonging and be given the opportunity to develop needed social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chester Grades: PK-K | 12 students
127 Haverhill Rd
Chester, NH 03036
(603) 887-2345 2.2 PK-K
- Derry Grades: NS-PK | 50 students
1 Partridge Lane
Derry, NH 03038
(603) 434-6900 1.8 NS-PK
- Hampstead Grades: NS-K | 40 students
61 Main Street
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603) 329-8215 6.2 NS-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.