Stepping Stones School
- Stepping Stones School strives to provide an exciting learning environment for children between the ages of three and six years.
- We encourage play, discovery, and problem solving that are vital to the development of every child.
- Children are accepted into our classes according to their birth date.
- All children must be three, four, or five years old by September 30th to qualify for each of our respective programs.
- These dates are arbitrarily set by the state of New Hampshire public schools system.
- The curriculum at Stepping Stones is designed to meet the needs of the children as a whole, yet accommodates each and every child as an individual.
- Independent Consultants are contracted to provide music instruction and interactive storytelling experiences on a weekly basis.
- Plus we have Monthly Field Trips with the Four's and Kindergarten Classes.
- Our highly trained, professional staff far exceeds the state requirements for education.
- We are committed to Early Childhood and acknowledge the significance of consistency and stability in the lives of these very young children.
- Our teachers loop on with our children, staying with them for the three years they may be with us.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Derry Grades: PK-K | 76 students
223 Rockingham Rd
Derry, NH 03038
(603)432-6655 3.8 PK-K
- Chester Grades: NS-PK | 21 students
465 Derry Road
Chester, NH 03036
(603)887-6016 1.8 NS-PK
- Chester Grades: PK-K | 12 students
127 Haverhill Rd
Chester, NH 03036
(603)887-2345 3.4 PK-K
- Hampstead Grades: NS-K | 40 students
61 Main Street
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-8215 4.7 NS-K
- Manchester Grades: PK-K | 74 students
30 Mechanic St
Manchester, NH 03103
(603)232-8651 11.6 PK-K
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.