Stepping Stones School
Tel: (603) 434-6900
- Stepping Stones School strives to provide an exciting learning environment for children between the ages of three and six years.
- We encourage play, discovery, and problem solving that are vital to the development of every child.
- Children are accepted into our classes according to their birth date.
- All children must be three, four, or five years old by September 30th to qualify for each of our respective programs.
- These dates are arbitrarily set by the state of New Hampshire public schools system.
- The curriculum at Stepping Stones is designed to meet the needs of the children as a whole, yet accommodates each and every child as an individual.
- Independent Consultants are contracted to provide music instruction and interactive storytelling experiences on a weekly basis.
- Plus we have Monthly Field Trips with the Four's and Kindergarten Classes.
- Our highly trained, professional staff far exceeds the state requirements for education.
- We are committed to Early Childhood and acknowledge the significance of consistency and stability in the lives of these very young children.
- Our teachers loop on with our children, staying with them for the three years they may be with us.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Derry Grades: PK-1 | 69 students
223 Rockingham Rd
Derry, NH 03038
(603) 432-6655 3.8 PK-1
- Chester Grades: NS-PK | 21 students
465 Derry Road
Chester, NH 03036
(603) 887-6016 1.8 NS-PK
- Chester Grades: PK-K | 12 students
127 Haverhill Rd
Chester, NH 03036
(603) 887-2345 3.4 PK-K
- Hampstead Grades: NS-K | 40 students
61 Main Street
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603) 329-8215 4.7 NS-K
- Manchester Grades: PK-K | 82 students
30 Mechanic St
Manchester, NH 03103
(603) 232-8651 11.6 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.