Child Development Center
- At the Child Development Center, children participate in developmentally appropriate activities, as prescribed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- These experiences are designed to promote the most important accomplishments of the early years helping the child to feel competent, building a healthy sense of self-esteem, and encouraging enthusiasm toward school and learning.
- Developmentally appropriate practices are based on knowledge of child development and children's changing needs as they grow.
- The school's educators adhere to the philosophy that young children must be psychologically, socially, and physically prepared before they can be expected to achieve academically.
- Our aim is to guide each child in the development of self-esteem, confidence, and a positive self-identity.
- The mission of the Child Development Center is to the best of our abilities, to ensure the positive emotional, social, physical, and intellectual development of all young children who enter our Center; to use only developmentally appropriate educational practices to prepare them for success in school and in life; to support children, their teachers, and their families; and realizing that we cannot serve all children within the walls of the Center, to be advocates for children everywhere, promoting their causes and their well being whenever and wherever possible.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buckhannon Grades: K-8 | 8 students
1122 Brushy Fork Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
(304)472-0962 0.6 K-8
- Buckhannon Grades: NS-12 | 14 students
176 S Kanawha Street
Buckhannon, WV 26201
(304)613-7827 0.7 NS-12
- Weston Grades: PK-6 | 159 students
224 Center Ave
Weston, WV 26452
(304)269-5547 13.8 PK-6
- Philippi Grades: PK-8 | 48 students
260 N High St
Philippi, WV 26416
(304)457-1135 14.1 PK-8
- Elkins Grades: PK-9 | 16 students
450 RR 3
Elkins, WV 26241
(304)636-9290 19.6 PK-9
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.