Child Development Center
- At the Child Development Center, children participate in developmentally appropriate activities, as prescribed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- These experiences are designed to promote the most important accomplishments of the early years helping the child to feel competent, building a healthy sense of self-esteem, and encouraging enthusiasm toward school and learning.
- Developmentally appropriate practices are based on knowledge of child development and children's changing needs as they grow.
- The school's educators adhere to the philosophy that young children must be psychologically, socially, and physically prepared before they can be expected to achieve academically.
- Our aim is to guide each child in the development of self-esteem, confidence, and a positive self-identity.
- The mission of the Child Development Center is to the best of our abilities, to ensure the positive emotional, social, physical, and intellectual development of all young children who enter our Center; to use only developmentally appropriate educational practices to prepare them for success in school and in life; to support children, their teachers, and their families; and realizing that we cannot serve all children within the walls of the Center, to be advocates for children everywhere, promoting their causes and their well being whenever and wherever possible.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buckhannon Grades: K-8 | 8 students
1122 Brushy Fork Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
(304)472-0962 0.6 K-8
- Buckhannon Grades: NS-12 | 14 students
176 S Kanawha Street
Buckhannon, WV 26201
(304)613-7827 0.7 NS-12
- Weston Grades: PK-6 | 159 students
224 Center Ave
Weston, WV 26452
(304)269-5547 13.8 PK-6
- Philippi Grades: PK-8 | 48 students
260 N High St
Philippi, WV 26416
(304)457-1135 14.1 PK-8
- Elkins Grades: PK-9 | 16 students
450 RR 3
Elkins, WV 26241
(304)636-9290 19.6 PK-9
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.