Child Development Center
- At the Child Development Center, children participate in developmentally appropriate activities, as prescribed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- These experiences are designed to promote the most important accomplishments of the early years helping the child to feel competent, building a healthy sense of self-esteem, and encouraging enthusiasm toward school and learning.
- Developmentally appropriate practices are based on knowledge of child development and children's changing needs as they grow.
- The school's educators adhere to the philosophy that young children must be psychologically, socially, and physically prepared before they can be expected to achieve academically.
- Our aim is to guide each child in the development of self-esteem, confidence, and a positive self-identity.
- The mission of the Child Development Center is to the best of our abilities, to ensure the positive emotional, social, physical, and intellectual development of all young children who enter our Center; to use only developmentally appropriate educational practices to prepare them for success in school and in life; to support children, their teachers, and their families; and realizing that we cannot serve all children within the walls of the Center, to be advocates for children everywhere, promoting their causes and their well being whenever and wherever possible.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BuckhannonGrades: K-8 | 8 students
P. O. Box 205
Buckhannon, WV 26201
- BuckhannonGrades: K-12 | 14 students
176 S Kanawha Street
Buckhannon, WV 26201
- WestonGrades: PK-6 | 144 students
224 Center Ave
Weston, WV 26452
- PhilippiGrades: PK-7 | 45 students
Rr 3 Box 278 A1 123 Sesame St
Philippi, WV 26416
- ElkinsGrades: UG | 18 students
Rr 3 Box 450
Elkins, WV 26241
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.
February 07, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.