Child & Family Research Center
- The Child and Family Research Center provides a developmental, child centered approach to early education.
- We provide appropriately stimulating experiences that fit naturally into children's daily routines.
- A variety of materials and activities are used to help children learn the value of diversity and respect for all family backgrounds.
- Our staff is committed to helping meet the needs of children and families for appropriate child care.
- We provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of young children.
- Our program provides early childhood care and education to children age 6 weeks to 6 years old.
- Our program serves University of Nevada, Reno, students, faculty and staff, and families who meet the annual federal poverty guidelines for the Early Head Start Program.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credits with a degree program, faculty and classified staff must work at least .50 FTE. Final decisions on enrollment will reflect the CFRC's commitment to serve children of diverse backgrounds and to maintain a balance of boys and girls. Preference is given to returning families and siblings.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Grades: PK-1 | 35 students
1664 N Virginia St Stop 141 The Mail
Reno, NV 89557 0.2 PK-1
- Reno Grades: K | 18 students
9370 Gateway Dr
Reno, NV 89511
(775)852-2583 1.1 K
- Reno Grades: K-8 | 296 students
1255 Saint Alberts Dr
Reno, NV 89503
(775)747-3392 1.5 K-8
- Reno Grades: K | 20 students
322 Ryland St
Reno, NV 89501
(775)786-8155 1.6 K
- Reno Grades: PK-K | 51 students
455 Hill St
Reno, NV 89501
(775)322-3471 1.7 PK-K
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.