Child & Family Research Center
- The Child and Family Research Center provides a developmental, child centered approach to early education.
- We provide appropriately stimulating experiences that fit naturally into children's daily routines.
- A variety of materials and activities are used to help children learn the value of diversity and respect for all family backgrounds.
- Our staff is committed to helping meet the needs of children and families for appropriate child care.
- We provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of young children.
- Our program provides early childhood care and education to children age 6 weeks to 6 years old.
- Our program serves University of Nevada, Reno, students, faculty and staff, and families who meet the annual federal poverty guidelines for the Early Head Start Program.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credits with a degree program, faculty and classified staff must work at least .50 FTE. Final decisions on enrollment will reflect the CFRC's commitment to serve children of diverse backgrounds and to maintain a balance of boys and girls. Preference is given to returning families and siblings.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Grades: PK-1 | 35 students
1664 N Virginia St Stop 141 The Mail
Reno, NV 89557 0.2 PK-1
- Reno Grades: K | 18 students
9370 Gateway Dr
Reno, NV 89511
(775)852-2583 1.1 K
- Reno Grades: K-8 | 296 students
1255 Saint Alberts Dr
Reno, NV 89503
(775)747-3392 1.5 K-8
- Reno Grades: K | 20 students
322 Ryland St
Reno, NV 89501
(775)786-8155 1.6 K
- Reno Grades: PK-K | 51 students
455 Hill St
Reno, NV 89501
(775)322-3471 1.7 PK-K
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.