Children's Community School
5.00 (1 review)
- Children's Community School was founded in 1969, in the basements of the Berkely Projects to assist families by providing a quality education in a loving and safe environment. The original staff was mostly volunteer and the Mission remains strong... Children's Community School lays the foundation for Urban students' educational success by offering a robust curriculum and unique experiences, by developing their individual character and by cultivating strong family involvement.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Some SpEd.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$125|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||No Summer School 2019 so that the school can add Grade 6 for the Fall|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Black pants, skort or skirt and Royal blue Shirt with logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K is a sliding scale based on income. K-5 is $400 per year plus PTO Obligation of $100 Grade 6 Tuition $500|
- CCS generally has a waiting list in all grades.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterbury Grades: K-8 | 245 students
55 Cole St
Waterbury, CT 06706
(203)753-2574 0.5 K-8
- Waterbury Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)236-9560 2.2 NS-12
- Waterbury Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
645 Congress Ave
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)755-6809 1.7 PK-8
This the best school ever. My son went to this school, now my grandchildren are attending.The teachers are wonderful.They do not let any child fall through the cracks.They have after school programs to help the kids that need it. Children's Community School is one of a kind. God Bless them. Joanne M''Sadoques Britton.
- Posted by Parent - abena
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.