Children's Community School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (203) 575-0659 Ext. 210
- Children's Community School was founded in 1969, in the basements of the Berkely Projects to assist families by providing a quality education in a loving and safe environment. The original staff was mostly volunteer and the Mission remains strong... Children's Community School lays the foundation for Urban students' educational success by offering a robust curriculum and unique experiences, by developing their individual character and by cultivating strong family involvement. Because the families kept asking, we began adding middle school grades. In 2021 we will add grade 8 to finish the additional grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Some SpEd.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$125|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost for Summer Bridges is per week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Black pants, skort or skirt and Royal blue Shirt with logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$500|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K is a sliding scale based on income. K-5 is $400 per year plus PTO Obligation of $100 Grade 6 Tuition $500|
- CCS generally has a waiting list in all grades.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterbury Grades: PK-8 | 253 students
43 Cole St
Waterbury, CT 06706
(203) 753-2574 0.5 PK-8
- Waterbury Grades: PK-12 | 185 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203) 236-9560 2.2 PK-12
This the best school ever. My son went to this school, now my grandchildren are attending.The teachers are wonderful.They do not let any child fall through the cracks.They have after school programs to help the kids that need it. Children's Community School is one of a kind. God Bless them. Joanne M''Sadoques Britton.
- Posted by Parent - abena
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.