Chop Point School
- Chop Point School is peaceful, beautiful and conducive to learning.
- Chop Point School emphasis on teaching science and social studies by experience, from on-site archeological digs to local wildlife and nature studies.
- A cross-cultural program that teaches students Spanish in all grades, in preparation for a high-school social service trip to Nicaragua.
- International students, enabling all students to receive an education rich in multi-cultural learning.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average SAT score||1160|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||boarding student high school $22,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jean Willard|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Rock Climbing, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Rock Climbing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bath Grades: 9-12 | 150 students
616 High Street
Bath, ME 04530
(207)443-5584 6.7 9-12
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 560 students
360 Spring St
Portland, ME 04102
(207)774-5721 33.8 PK-12
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.