- LOCATED ON THE SCENIC RAPPAHANNOCK RIVER, an hour east of Richmond, Virginia.
- Christchurch School is an Episcopal boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
- Our average enrollment is 200, with 70% boarding and 30% day.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English 11 Honors, English 12 Honors, English 9 Honors, History 9 Honors, Honors Calculus AB, Honors College Biology, Honors College Environmental Science, Honors History Seminar, Honors Integrated Science III: Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Honors Modern World History, Honors Spanish V, Honors United States History and Government, Integrated Science 9 Honors|
|Average SAT score||1130|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Casual, neat; collared shirt, khaki style pants/shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$43,900|
|Tuition Notes||$18,700 day boys/girls; $43,900 boarding boys|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$27,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Billy Burlee|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Schroeder|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Adventure Trips, Chess Club, Drama, Living Campus, National Honor Society, River Immersion, Student Ambassadors, Student Community Council, Sustainability Club, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Visual and Performing Arts
- CHRISTCHURCH IS THE PLACE for students who aren't challenged by or satisfied with a one-size-fits-all education, and families who believe that learning should mean more than just taking a test.
- CHRISTCHURCH PROVIDES A CHALLENGING, YET NURTURING ENVIRONMENT in which students are encouraged to explore their current interests and their future potential.Christchurch helps students clarify what they want and where they want to go, and then helps them develop the skills and formulate the plan that will get them there.
- STUDENTS DISCOVER SKILLS, APTITUDES, AND TALENTS they didn't know they had.They come to realize and understand their own intrinisic value, and the tremendous value they bring to their school, to the community, and to the world.
- THE ULTIMATE PAYOFF from a Christchurch education is more than just earning a diploma or being accepted into the right college.CHRISTCHURCH SCHOOL IS THE PLACE and the experience where your best possible future begins.Set YOUR course at the river.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: 8-12 | 177 students
1000 Samuel Miller Loop
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)823-4805 120.8 8-12
- Hampton Grades: PK-12 | 432 students
2419 N Armistead Ave
Hampton, VA 23666
(757)838-7427 41.8 PK-12
- Henrico Grades: 9-12 | 268 students
12829 River Road
Henrico, VA 23238
(804)708-9504 61.7 9-12