City Christian School
- City Christian School is a ministry of City At The Cross and has been serving the community since 1987.
- Our desire is focused towards the complete training and equipping of children and youth in both the spiritual and academic aspects of their lives.
- Through understanding and application of Biblical principles and scriptures, we purpose to develop a true love for God and a sincere desire to serve Him.
- With the proficiency of the A Beka Book curriculum, personal instruction, professional and highly trained staff, special activities and field trips, we desire to provide the appropriate environment for the building of a strong academic education.
- Our philosophy is to create enthusiasm and interest in learning through age appropriate teaching, activities, lectures and games that teach the topic at hand.
- We also offer an Individual Studies Program for any age with the A Beka Book curriculum.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: NS-12 | 185 students
1000 Pine Ave
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562)432-8447 1.6 NS-12
- Long Beach Grades: PK-4 | 60 students
1423 Walnut Ave
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562)591-2508 0.8 PK-4
- Long Beach Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
855 E 5th St
Long Beach, CA 90802
(562)432-5946 0.9 PK-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.