St. Anthony High School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Anthony High School is a Catholic College Preparatory and co-educational high school which was founded in 1920 to serve the greater Long Beach community.
- Academic, leadership and athletic opportunities abound for students, recruitment and refinement of faculty is ongoing, and campus renovations are continuous.
- Classes are small and every student is known and challenged.
- St. Anthony High School continues to produce excellent graduates who are grounded in faith and prepared to meet their future.
- Over the past nine years, 100% of St. Anthony High School's graduates have gone on to college or to proudly serve our military.
- The Class of 2017, comprised of only 125 graduates, earned $12.3 million in college scholarships and 71% were accepted into four-year universities.
- St. Anthony High School is a small school that offers a big opportunity to its students, enabling them to succeed in school and throughout life.
St. Anthony High School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||585 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform- khaki pants/shorts, black & white plaid skirt, polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25 / Aug. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,900|
|Tuition Notes||**Please Note: At St. Anthony High School, there is NO FUNDRAISING REQUIREMENT. In addition, our tuition amounts INCLUDE the following: Yearbook, Lab Fees, Tutoring, College Bus Trips, Grad Night (for seniors)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Principal Mike Schabert|
|Admissions Associate||Renee Salvador|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathalon, Alethiology Club, Art Club, Baking Club, Band, Campus Ministry, Choir, Classic Rock Club, Creative Writing Club, Dance Club, Disney Club, Diversity Club, Drama, Drumline, Improv Club, Indy Film/Photography Club, Invisible Children, Jazz Band, Mock Trial, NHS - National Honor Society, Pink Ribbon Club, President's Ambassadors, Rotary Interact Club, SARAP - Filipino Club, Science Club, SFC - Soldiers For Christ, Strategy Club, Student Government, Ukelele Clu|
- St. Anthony High School provides an affordable Catholic co-educational, college preparatory education to students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds in the greater Long Beach area. We are committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, social, physical and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. Students are prepared to become morally aware, academically capable leaders who are outstanding contributors in a complex technological and global society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: 9-12 | 565 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)817-4000 25.4 9-12
- Santa Monica Grades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)394-3701 25 9-12
- Alhambra Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
1701 W Ramona Road
Alhambra, CA 91803
(626)282-4151 20.6 9-12
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 123 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714)995-1800 13 1-12
Our daughter is a freshman at St. Anthony High School and she loves being there! We are pleased with what the school has to offer and happy to be a part of the Saints Community.
- Posted by Parent - Rob Salvador
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.