St. Anthony High School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Anthony High School is a Catholic College Preparatory and co-educational high school which was founded in 1920 to serve the greater Long Beach community.
- Academic, leadership and athletic opportunities abound for students, recruitment and refinement of faculty is ongoing, and campus renovations are continuous.
- Classes are small and every student is known and challenged.
- St. Anthony High School continues to produce excellent graduates who are grounded in faith and prepared to meet their future.
- Over the past nine years, 100% of St. Anthony High School's graduates have gone on to college or to proudly serve our military.
- The Class of 2017, comprised of only 125 graduates, earned $12.3 million in college scholarships and 71% were accepted into four-year universities.
- St. Anthony High School is a small school that offers a big opportunity to its students, enabling them to succeed in school and throughout life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||585 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform- khaki pants/shorts, black & white plaid skirt, polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25 / Aug. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,900|
|Tuition Notes||**Please Note: At St. Anthony High School, there is NO FUNDRAISING REQUIREMENT. In addition, our tuition amounts INCLUDE the following: Yearbook, Lab Fees, Tutoring, College Bus Trips, Grad Night (for seniors)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Principal Mike Schabert|
|Admissions Associate||Renee Salvador|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathalon, Alethiology Club, Art Club, Baking Club, Band, Campus Ministry, Choir, Classic Rock Club, Creative Writing Club, Dance Club, Disney Club, Diversity Club, Drama, Drumline, Improv Club, Indy Film/Photography Club, Invisible Children, Jazz Band, Mock Trial, NHS - National Honor Society, Pink Ribbon Club, President's Ambassadors, Rotary Interact Club, SARAP - Filipino Club, Science Club, SFC - Soldiers For Christ, Strategy Club, Student Government, Ukelele Clu|
- St. Anthony High School provides an affordable Catholic co-educational, college preparatory education to students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds in the greater Long Beach area. We are committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, social, physical and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. Students are prepared to become morally aware, academically capable leaders who are outstanding contributors in a complex technological and global society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 709 students
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
- PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 673 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
- GardenaGrades: 7-12 | 98 students
1473 West 182nd Street
Gardena, CA 90248
- GlendaleGrades: 9-12 | 209 students
400 E Lomita Ave
Glendale, CA 91205
Our daughter is a freshman at St. Anthony High School and she loves being there! We are pleased with what the school has to offer and happy to be a part of the Saints Community.
- Posted by Parent - Rob Salvador
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.