- Since 1969 the Hebrew Academy has provided a full spectrum of challenging academic activities, supported by strong value based Judaic Studies, for students in preschool through high school.
- The students of the Hebrew Academy, through a well-balanced educational program will be capable of functioning as dedicated future leaders and community contributors.
- They will be balanced individuals and a vital part of society - emotionally, academically, socially and spiritually.
- We believe in the total education and well being of the whole child.
- Our vision is to provide a dynamic academic and spiritual educational program in an extended family atmosphere.
- We challenge our students to exemplify the highest values of Judaism and of American democratic principles.
- The school reflects and teaches respect for an inclusion of every Jew.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language and Composition|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Burgundy and grey polo shirts, navy Pants for boys/ plaid jumpers or skirts with a white blouse, or burgundy or grey polo for girls. All items available from "True Grits". )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3600-18000-not including transportation, lunch, uniforms or field trips.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nelli Greenspan|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren Amler|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Afterschool Enrichment on Wednesdays, Violin lessons on campus
Recreational Athletic Programs:
AYSO Soccer on Sundays
- At the Hebrew Academy Huntington Beach, preschool through grade twelve students develop a deep love of learning in both general and judaic studies. Our dedicated staff, teachers and warm, welcoming community help to provide a nurturing, yet challenging, environment that encourages all students to reach their full potential in order to act as self-confident, responsible citizens with a strong connection to their judaism and community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 119 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714) 995-1800 7 1-12
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 130 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714) 776-1717 6.1 9-12
A true pleasure all around, my kids are excited to go to school every day and it's been a blessing to our family and community in large. The teachers have an amazing sense of mission, devotion, and such special love for the kids. Our children learn values, core values that are extremely important to who they are and to their future. Staff is welcoming and friendly and will go out of their way to help and support. I think that the Hebrew Academy represents the future of education and are a lighthouse to anyone who seek a true, honest and life changing education for the future of their children and to the success of their community.
- Posted by Parent - Rafi Dadon
I have children in Elementary, Middle and High school at the Hebrew Academy. The academics are at the highest level, both in the Judaic studies and in the Secular studies. I am confident that my children will excel in whatever higher learning they choose, be it religious or academic. I believe that it is mainly the love of learning that is being imparted to them that will do them the most good in their lives. They feel happy in school and that is key to their futures. The co-curricular programming includes music, drama and art. There is an onsite Sunday soccer league (AYSO) and a year round use pool. There is also a summer camp program that is world renowned. The Hebrew Academy has won two Blue Ribbon Awards and is WASC accredited.
- Posted by Parent - nmome
A wonderful Jewish Day School! Lovely campus; high academic standards; exceptional Jewish studies; and caring teachers, administrators and parents. Our daughter, Shoshana Rachel (class of '09), attended high school as an out-of-town boarding student and she loved it! Parents, teachers, and students are very helpful and committed to the welfare of the dormitory girls. A Big "Thank You" to all! - Lisa Hawkins
- Posted by Parent - lisam