Fusion Academy Huntington Beach
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and high school where positive relationships unlock academic potential.
- All courses are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom. This allows teachers to personalize curriculum and teaching for each student`s individual strengths, interests, and learning style.
- Our supportive campus environment is a unique space that includes a state-of-the-art recording studio, mixed-media art studio, and a Homework Cafe where students complete all homework before going home.
- Schedules are customized for students to enroll at any time and take classes at a time of day that works best for them.
- From algebra to yoga and everything in between, we have classes available at essential, college prep, and honors levels to meet your student`s academic goals, whatever they may be.
- Fusion students are all unique but have one thing in common: traditional school doesn`t work.
- The educational experience at Fusion is completely customized to ignite a student`s passion for learning.
- Classes are self-paced, and course materials are presented in ways that suit students` individual interests, strengths and challenges.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted/Twice Exceptional (2e), Mild - Moderate Learning Differences, Social Challenges, Anxiety, Depression, Low Self-Confidence|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is semester-based, and is calculated by the number of courses taken per semester. Please contact us for specific information regarding your child's needs and associated tuition costs.|
|Admissions Director||Robin Podway|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Podway|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Environmental Awareness Club, Student Ambassador Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Animation Production, Digital Photography, Poetry, Portfolio Development, Product Design
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Surfing, Yoga and Meditation
- Fusion offers over 250 middle and high school courses, all of which meet state standards. Classes are available at three levels: essential, college prep, and honors. Fusion teachers have also created classes for students if there is something students would like to learn that isn`t available in their catalog, while still adhering to state standards. Along with personalized curriculum, Fusion`s one-to-one teaching model also allows for the customization of scheduling. Students may enroll at any time of the year, and take classes at a time of day that works best for them, which appeals to students who have demanding schedules outside of school because of sports or artistic involvement. Some students enroll full time, while others utilize Fusion`s tutoring and mentoring services. Their tutors are their teachers who are passionate about and have mastered their subject matter. Families also turn to Fusion to support their homeschooling efforts by taking classes for credit like world languages and lab sciences. While it`s impossible to put our students into categories, we generally serve students with the following backgrounds: ADHD, accelerated/gifted learners, dyslexia, mild learning differences, social challenges, school anxiety, or students with challenging schedules. Students who attend Fusion have one thing in common: traditional school isn`t working.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Beach Grades: 1-12 | 49 students
7360 Warner Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714)847-7050 1.4 1-12
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 123 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714)995-1800 7.8 1-12
Fusion Academy Huntington Beach is a godsend. The teachers are passionate, mindful, creative, and brilliant in the academic, social, and emotional support they provide the students. Not to mention the fun social opportunities and flexible scheduling! Great for students who are not fitting into the traditional school model. Overall amazing experience. Would recommend over and over again.
- Posted by Teacher - Lauren R
My child really benefits from the 1:1 instruction. The teachers truly care about the success of their students!
- Posted by Parent - Suzanne
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.