Mary Star Of The Sea High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mary Star of the Sea High School is a co-educational, secondary school located in San Pedro, CA. The school is operated by Mary Star of the Sea Parish under the supervision of the Department of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- The school focuses on the fundamentals of a quality education interwoven with strong Catholic principles.
- The curriculum is grounded in a college preparatory program with a four-year honor track option.
- Guided by the Norbertine Fathers, Mary Star promotes growth in self-discipline and responsibility through leadership, athletic, and service opportunities.
Mary Star Of The Sea High School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AB Calculus, AP European History, AP Spanish, AP US Government, AP US History, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kelly Phillips|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mission Hills Grades: 9-12 | 1347 students
11111 Alemany Dr
Mission Hills, CA 91345
(818)837-5222 36.5 9-12
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Grades: K-12 | 855 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
(310)377-1543 3.2 K-12
great school, brand new building, lots of activities and caring staff
- Posted by Parent - Pam Leonardo
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.