Maple Village Waldorf School
- Maple Village Waldorf School aims to create a compassionate and welcoming environment rooted in the traditions and the philosophy of Waldorf education.
- We endeavor to engage and nurture the whole child resulting in a balance of heart, mind, body and spirit.
- We strive to provide a full living education integrating academia, the arts and communal awareness in order to inspire, energize and develop creativity and a love of learning in each student.
- We also place a high importance on contributing to and providing a positive focal point for the local community.
- Our school provides an environment that helps usher into the world well rounded individuals learned, inwardly confident, responsible, and self-motivated with reverence for others and their environment.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,900|
|Tuition Notes||Varies based on program.|
|Admissions Director||Alice Stevens|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Chorus, Lyre, Recorder, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Maple Village Waldorf School (MVWS) is located in a quaint residential neighborhood in Long Beach, California. The school was founded in 2008 by a group of passionate parents and teachers who met through a local home-based Waldorf-inspired program. Through outreach, the original group grew to include other educators and professionals, resulting in a larger community effort. They spent three years studying and researching together before forming a Board of Trustees and various dedicated committees. After one year of deliberation, the founders decided that Maple Village would be a private school rather than a public charter school in order to be free to offer a true and whole Waldorf curriculum to the greater Long Beach community.
- Our school began with one parent/child class, including a built-in parent education component. We have since added a full and thriving early childhood program, including a baby & me class, four parent/toddler classes, two parent participation preschool classes, and two kindergarten classes. In the fall of 2011 we enthusiastically launched our grades program, which includes Grades One through Eight. With great joy and pride, we graduated our first class in 2018. Though we have come a long way from that home based program, the thread of passionate parents and teachers has continued to be a core value in our school and community of families.
- Maple Village Waldorf School is Associate Member of AWSNA, the Association of Waldorf Schools in North America which is a member of CAPSO (California Association of Private Schools), and a Developing Member of WECAN, the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America. We are recognized by the U.S Department of Education as a Green Ribbon School and the City of Long Beach as a Green Business. We also participate in the California Department of Public Health Asthma-Safer Microfiber Cleaning Program.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: NS-PK | 20 students
5251 E Las Lomas St
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)961-8882 1 NS-PK
- Long Beach Grades: PK-8 | 55 students
2217 E 6th Street
Long Beach, CA 90814
(562)433-2335 1.1 PK-8
- Long Beach Grades: PK-K | 33 students
1710 Redondo Ave
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562)597-8611 1.1 PK-K
- Long Beach Grades: PK-K | 55 students
5270 Atherton St.
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)597-5913 1.3 PK-K
- Long Beach Grades: PK-3 | 84 students
5454 E Atherton Street
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)597-8854 1.5 PK-3
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.