Our Lady Of Refuge School
- Our Lady of Refuge School, a community of faith and love, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child - physically, academically, and spiritually - while encouraging all community members to develop their God-given gifts and to make choices as followers of Christ to enrich their lives, their communities, their world.
- At Our Lady of Refuge School, we recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Our purposes are to strive to teach the beliefs and doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church; to do so within the experience of Catholic community; and to prepare students for service to others.
- The administration and faculty strive to create an atmosphere that is conducive to the maximum development of the students' spiritual, intellectual, moral, aesthetic and physical potential.
- This enables the students to integrate Christian principles, values and attitudes that will help them to live and to influence others to live according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
2500 Pacific Ave
Long Beach, CA 90806
(562)424-1018 3.6 PK-8
- Carson Grades: PK-8 | 307 students
21832 Main Street
Carson, CA 90745
(310)835-4827 8.6 PK-8
- Cerritos Grades: PK-12 | 1316 students
10818 Artesia Blvd
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562)860-0556 5.4 PK-12
- San Pedro Grades: PK-8 | 542 students
1226 W Santa Cruz St
San Pedro, CA 90732
(310)833-0703 10.6 PK-8
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.