Bethany School Photo #2 - On your tour, visit our classrooms to see how students are learning to BELIEVE, ACHIEVE, and SUCCEED.
Bethany School Photo #3 - Bethany Students achieve high standards through a well-rounded course of instruction to be able to grow academically and spiritually.
Bethany School Photo #4 - Classroom teacher intentionally integrate technology within classroom instruction, giving students real-world to use technology in a variety of ways. Students use iPads, ChromeBooks, and our computer lab to work on a variety of project-based lessons.
Bethany School Photo #5 - Students at Bethany School have many opportunities to grow physically, as well as academically and spiritually. We believe that play time is an important part of learning. Students have many opportunities to play and each grade level has dedicated Physical Education time with our full time PE teacher.
- Thank you for your inquiry about Bethany School. Bethany School is a fully accredited elementary school, housing more than 350 preschool - 8th grade students. In addition to quality teachers, small class sizes and high standards, Bethany School provides a nurturing, Christian environment for students to grow to BELIEVE, ACHIEVE, & SUCCEED. Students learn to make real-life connections to classroom learning through classroom iPads, music instruction, arts, hands-on activities and field trips. Bethany Students take part in daily Bible instruction as well as weekly chapel. Extra-curricular activities include after school clubs and sports, Meet the Masters Art program, travel weeks for 4th - 8th grades, and much more. We also provide a full-day kindergarten program, before and after school daycare, and summer enrichment programs for grades K-5.
- We would enjoy meeting with you and sharing more about how your children could be a part of the Bethany School experience. Please contact our school secretary at (562) 597-2814 and schedule an appointment that would be convenient for you to meet with our administrative team this week and take a tour of our campus. She can also give you more information about tuition rates at that time. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Support through Opportunity Schools www.opp4kids.org|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please contact our office in March for our Summer tuition costs. .|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Bethany Uniform shirts with khaki or navy bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact our office (562)597-2814 or go to our website (Bethany-school.org) for current tuition rates. Scholarship applications are available in March.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bethany Elementary School - Janice Peterson, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Diane Golden|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACSI Speech Meet, American Sign Language Club, ASCI Spelling Bee, Bible Club, Chess Club, Robotics Club, Science Club, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Children's Choirs, Meet the Masters Art Program, Performing Arts Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Thank you for your interest in Bethany School. As a ministry of Bethany Church, our desire is to partner with parents to help students grow academically and spiritually. While we do not have a church membership requirement, Bethany School has adopted an admissions policy that opens our school to families who are supportive of our philosophy, objectives, and standards of education, and whose children meet our enrollment standards. Our purpose is to serve families who desire not simply a private education, but a distinctly Christian education for their children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellflower Grades: PK-6 | 437 students
17408 Grand Avenue
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)920-9902 5.4 PK-6
- Bellflower Grades: NS | 119 students
10440 Artesia Blvd
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)866-4919 5.3 NS
- Cerritos Grades: PK-12 | 1316 students
10818 Artesia Blvd
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562)860-0556 5.5 PK-12
- Norwalk Grades: PK-8 | 175 students
11507 Studebaker Road
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562)864-3712 9.2 PK-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.