Coastal Learning Center
- Coastal Learning Center was founded in 1974 in Lakewood, New Jersey and has been providing education and counseling services for 40 years.
- Coastal Learning Center Atlantic moved from Tuckerton to Northfield, New Jersey in 2011.
- The school operates as a private day school providing specialized education programs for students ages 5-21.
- Classes are offered for classified students, with the student’s IEP serving as a basis for their individualized education.
- Our school maintains a 1:2.5 staff to student ratio. The Integrated Counseling Program includes a Behavior Management System, Individual Counseling, Group Counseling, and Crisis Intervention.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Education|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Public Schools pays tuition when service is deemed necesary.|
|Admissions Director||Renee Waddell, LCSW|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoftballBasketball, Softball,|
- Coastal Learning Center Atlantic offers classes for classified students ages 5 - 21 with behavioral or multiple disabilities. Our Integrated Counseling Program includes LCSW and MSW Counselors. The Counseling Program covers an array of issues that include anger management, grief and loss, low self-esteem, assertiveness training, substance abuse, and social skills. These issues are addressed through the Behavior Management System, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Group and Individual Counseling. Our classrooms have a maximum of 12 students and offer low student to staff ratio. Each class is staffed by a highly qualified teacher and a teacher aide. The parent portal and phone contact communicates the student’s development to their parent or guardian. Coastal Learning Center’s goals are to facilitate the student’s return to public school and prepare the student for life after graduation. Our primary focus is for students to acquire the skills necessary for a useful, productive, and stable life.
- Coastal Learning Center Atlantic also provides
- Psychiatric Services our program is supported by a highly committed, interdisciplinary staff comprised of a Highly Qualified Teaching Staff, LCSW and MSW School Social Workers, a Psychiatrist, and Registered Nurse. Coastal Learning Center Atlantic offers Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services and believes it to be an integral component of the team approach to treatment. Our psychiatrist is available by appointment to our enrolled students. Services include, assessment, consultation and prescribing medication, when appropriate. Students receive follow-up treatment monthly to monitor effectiveness.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Absecon Grades: 9-12 | 380 students
500 S New Rd
Absecon, NJ 08201
(609)646-3000 4 9-12
- Passaic Grades: PK-12 | 86 students
22 Kent Ct
Passaic, NJ 07055
(973)777-1714 104.8 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.