Coastal Learning Center
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 43 students
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Coastal Learning Center Atlantic offers classes for classified students ages 5 - 21 with behavioral or multiple disabilities. Our Integrated Counseling Program includes LCSW and MSW Counselors. The Counseling Program covers an array of issues that include anger management, grief and loss, low self-esteem, assertiveness training, substance abuse, and social skills. These issues are addressed through the Behavior Management System, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Group and Individual Counseling. Our classrooms have a maximum of 12 students and offer low student to staff ratio. Each class is staffed by a highly qualified teacher and a teacher aide. The parent portal and phone contact communicates the student’s development to their parent or guardian. Coastal Learning Center’s goals are to facilitate the student’s return to public school and prepare the student for life after graduation. Our primary focus is for students to acquire the skills necessary for a useful, productive, and stable life.
- Coastal Learning Center Atlantic also provides
- Psychiatric Services our program is supported by a highly committed, interdisciplinary staff comprised of a Highly Qualified Teaching Staff, LCSW and MSW School Social Workers, a Psychiatrist, and Registered Nurse. Coastal Learning Center Atlantic offers Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services and believes it to be an integral component of the team approach to treatment. Our psychiatrist is available by appointment to our enrolled students. Services include, assessment, consultation and prescribing medication, when appropriate. Students receive follow-up treatment monthly to monitor effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Coastal Learning Center offer?
Coastal Learning Center offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Softball.
When is the application deadline for Coastal Learning Center?
The application deadline for Coastal Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Coastal Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards