Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-7
- Enrollment: 53 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Colonial Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
khaki pants/skirts/jumpers and Navy Shirts (embroidered and purchased from French Toast)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Colonial Academy is a Bible-centered educational ministry dedicated to assisting parents and the local Bible believing church in the task of training their children to reach their fullest potential, both academically and spiritually.
Our vision is to develop students who are achieving high moral character and are maturing in their Christian faith. Our students will be spiritually, academically, and socially prepared to continue their high school education and pursue God's calling in their lives. We envision a school that has visionary, planning, godly leaders, and a loving, caring, godly faculty and staff, a school that is financially responsible and stable, a school that has a positive public image and godly influence upon parents and all others who may come in contact with the school.
Our desire is to help parents fulfill their God-given responsibility for the education and general development of their children.
Colonial Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff of Colonial Academy is a group of well trained, dedicated men and women. Each member of the team is a born-again Christian who views their responsibilities as ministry. Each is also a member of a local Bible-believing church in our community. The average years of teaching experience on the staff is a little over ten years. Our teachers have a genuine concern for our students. the first desire of our teachers is to see our students receive Christ as their personal Savior and then to grow in the grace of God to be more like Christ every day.
Colonial Academy Programs
At Colonial Academy the Bible is the center of all teaching and curriculum. Each student from preschool through eighth grade received Bible instruction each day. God's Word is also integrated into every subject taught.
- K3 & K4 Preschool Programs are offered as a five day and three day program. The K3 works with three year old children. It cannot be compared to a daycare because of its educational aspects. Besides social skils, children learn basic concepts. The K4 works with four and five year old children and prepares them for school. the preschool is structured with educational time and has music, art, and recess.
- Before & After School Care is offered for the convenience of parents. We offer both before school and after school care only to our enrolled students at a rate of $5 per hour for the first child and $3.50 per hour for each sibling. We also offer flat monthly rates, listed on our tuition schedule on our website. The before care begins at 6 a.m. and after school care ends at 6 p.m.
- Our Kindergarten is a full school day program. In Kindergarten, the children are taught Bible, Phonics, Reading, Math, and Writing. Kindergarten students also have Music, Art, Computer, Recess, and Weekly P.E. time.
- The First through Eighth Grade Program uses a Bible based curriculum to teach the academic subjects in a homeroom setting. Small class sizes at Colonial Academy are a distinct advantage in facilitating learning. Music, Art, Computer, P.E., and Spanish classes are taught weekly. A weekly Chapel service is also used to help meet spiritual needs. Private piano lessons are available for students in 2nd -8th grade. The students have special Christmas and Easter music programs each year. Other special events and class field trips are planned throughout the school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Colonial Academy often compared to?
Colonial Academyis often viewed alongside schools like Grace Preparatory School by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for Colonial Academy?
The application deadline for Colonial Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Colonial Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards