Colorado Rocky Mountain School
- Colorado Rocky Mountain School is an exceptional institution with a life-changing program.
- Colorado Rocky Mountain School cultivate a learning enviornment in which students discover their potential to excels as individuals, contribute to their communities, and participate thoughtfully in the world we share. Since CRMS's founding more than fifty years ago, we've believed that a school should enrich and engage the mind, body, and soul of its students.
- Their individual potentials become illuminated in a community that truly embraces them and their contributions. Everything that a student does-in the classroom, in the active curriculum, within and beyond the CRMS community-is designed toward the development of a complex, nuanced person, because at CRMS we value each student's individual potentials, and embrace the comtributions they can make to our school.
- A CRMS student graduates with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to succeed in college, and to lead a fulfilling life.
- CRMS's distillation of academic, active, and community influences is unique among independent boarding schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Association for Experiential Education (AEE)
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Literature, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Environmental Science, AP United States History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$58,600|
|Tuition Notes||Day student tuition is $36,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
|Admissions Director||Molly Dorais|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Graves|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Cross Country, Cycling, Equestrian, Freestyle Skiing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, TennisAlpine Skiing, Cross Country,|
Freestyle Skiing, Kayaking,
Mountain Biking, Mountaineering,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bike Shop, Cooking, Drama Set Design, Gardening, Peer Tutoring, Recycling & Sustainability, River Watch, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Blacksmithing, Ceramics, Glassblowing
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Route Setter, Ski Tuner, Trail Building, Trip Logistics
- 100% college acceptance
- 75% of students accepted to their first choice college
- 5:1 Student-Faculty ration
- 13: Average class size
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carbondale Grades: NS-PK | 98 students
879 Euclid Avenue
Carbondale, CO 81623
(970)963-3506 0.9 NS-PK
- Carbondale Grades: NS-8 | 152 students
16543 Old Highway 82
Carbondale, CO 81623
(970)963-1960 4.9 NS-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.